DIY Speaker Transport Cases

Jazzman53

Hi all,

I needed a way to protect my Jazzman Mk III ESL speakers during the annual trek to CarverFest, so I built these transport cases. Now I can carry them in the bed of my truck, even if it's raining.

The cases are two-piece clamshells made from light-weight 3/16 plywood, with some added bracing, and painted with truck liner coating. The clamshells snap together with (6) draw latches, a foam rubber gasket seals out the rain, and there are handles at the ends for two-person carry.

Interior surfaces which contact the speakers are Styrofoam covered with synthetic felt.

And my girl friend says they can double as my coffin when she [accidentally] kills me :cool:

Grill on 2022.jpg

in case.jpg

case closed .jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tima and ICUToo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing