DS-Audio E1 & Schroeder

soundspace

Dec 17, 2021
hello!
Did anyone tried, heard or got the DS-Audio optical cartridge E1 or 003 with a Schroeder CB1-L tonearm?
Got the 12 inch CB1-L arm to work with.
Feedback much appreciated!

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
ho ascoltato molte volte DS Audio E1 dal mio amico distributore di Milano, Madformusic, e mi è piaciuto molto
Considerando il prezzo di 2.750 euro compreso il phono DS Audio, è impossibile a questo prezzo e anche di più finare una qualità migliore.
Ascoltato con Bergmann magne e DPS Bauer

if you can buy the new DS 003,price list 5.900 euro but is in another league

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I listened many times E1 from my friend distributor in Milan Madformusic and i liked a lot
Considering the price 2.750 euro included phono,is impossible for me to find at that price and more a better quality
Listened with Bergmann Magne and DPS Bauer.

If you can buy the new 003 at price list 5.900 euro but is another league and with the technology of Grand Master

gajgmusic

Apr 9, 2013
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I having been using the Grand Master with a Schroeder DPS - 9, similar to yours made for the Bauer table. It has worked extremely well and I have been very happy. I was in touch with Frank Schroeder and he knows a number of people who are using the optical cartridges without issue. If you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a note

soundspace

Dec 17, 2021
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I having been using the Grand Master with a Schroeder DPS - 9, similar to yours made for the Bauer table. It has worked extremely well and I have been very happy. I was in touch with Frank Schroeder and he knows a number of people who are using the optical cartridges without issue. If you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me a note
Thank you, feedback is much appreciated!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing