Duelund cap upgrade

Tam Lin

Mar 20, 2011
North Texas
I replaced the easily accessible caps in the signal path with Duelund CAST PIO Tinned Copper Foil. They are the caps in my Frankenstein 300B (0.47uf Solen MKP coupling the 6EM7) and Avantgarde Trio crossovers (0.47uf, 2.2uf, and 4.7uf Mundorf MCap Supreme). Although the original caps were easily accessible, the crossover caps were not easily replaced. The fact the MCaps were glued in place was a minor annoyance, the bigger issue was finding room for the Duelunds. They are huge. I ended up gluing them to the back of the canisters that hold the horns.

Actually, the installation looks rather good. The sound is even better. It’s more true to life, coherent, and relaxed. (Pictured are the 8" dia. canister end caps. Midrange above and tweeter below)

IMGP0011.JPG IMGP0013.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing