EMM MTRX2 Monos Home Evaluation

Colekat

Sep 7, 2015
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
Colekat

Just curious. Does Furutech have 30A versions of that outlet? Their product page rates them at 16A.
Hey Site 7000 … start with Merry Christmas … and to everyone grateful to be fortunate enough to be listening to music at the level we get to enjoy it !

That is a good point , Furutech actually do not make a receptacle “advertised” as 30 amps , but when I contacted them , they replied that it is only because no one asked … and at the time I bought them , Furutech only offered two with terminals that will easily except 8 guage wire … I had to work them a bit to except the 6 guage I used , and the terminals did torque down on the stranded THHN with a bit of resistance , but it worked out without breaking the terminals and holds very well ( I used Shucko receptacles ) . Note that 8 guage is rated for 30 amps and the terminals are designed up to 8 guage and easily handle that !

I used 6 guagae oxygen free THHN because I overdo everything … LOL , 8 Guage is plenty , But again I recommend the Shucko receptacles if your using wall receptacles instead of a terminal strip , because they are much better at supporting the weight of the power cord . With a verticle application or vertical power strip , it probably offers no advantage .

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
Wow. Very nice system. Those eemLabs are beautiful. Just looking at them and your system makes me say look no further! Your Sikora turntable system looks awesome. And I know it sounds fabulous as I own one too!

It will be very interesting to see which amplifiers get the nod.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Wow. Very nice system. Those eemLabs are beautiful. Just looking at them and your system makes me say look no further! Your Sikora turntable system looks awesome. And I know it sounds fabulous as I own one too!

It will be very interesting to see which amplifiers get the nod.

Many thanks for your comments. That demo was sometime back. After trying a lot of amps we went with Vitus. We also changed out our EMM system for Vitus Masterpiece components. Though not finished yet - Taiko Audio Extreme to replace N30 and Vitus Phono Stage to replace VAC - this is what it presently looks like.

IMG_0943.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: gds7368

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing