(ERC Re-issue) Bach & Mozart Violin Concertos - Played by Gioconda De Vito

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The EMI reissue of the Klemperer Beethoven Symphonies SLS788, issued in 1970 is more than decent. Get a black and white postage stamp label (ER3) or maybe the colored postage stamp (ER2). They are pretty common for maybe $30 to $40 or less for the whole box. EMI did a very good job on reissues of their earlier releases in these box sets which now sell for pennies on the dollar compared to the original Columbia SAX pressings. Certainly worth the $2.50-3.50 per disc for them. Shipping from the UK to the US would probably be more than the price of the box.

At worse you will get a good sense of how Klemperer does Beethoven with the Philharmonia, for less than the price of one of the original issues from the late 1950's.

It looks like ERC is releasing a 13 record set, rather than the 9 records in the EMI box. They are also including the Klemperer Beethoven Overtures which I have on the original EMI Columbia SAX releases SAX2542 and 2570 (I also have a few of the original Beethoven Symphonies on SAX, but not all of them.) According to the ERC website, they are also including some overtures which were never released in stereo. Not sure what those were.

Larry
We are fortunate to have you here Larry.

kind regards,
Tang

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Fwiw, ERC will raise the price on their reissues as available limited editions reduce from their inventory. Best prices for new seem to be on initial relase.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Fwiw, ERC will raise the price on their reissues as available limited editions reduce from their inventory. Best prices for new seem to be on initial relase.
I have noticed this or in some cases like Bruckner Symphony No. 8 (99copies) sold out quick.

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
Wow... Interesting. I have a handful of ERC's records (not the Sonny Rollins title here) and they are all stellar. I don't have the original pressing to compare any of them to sonically, but I have never experienced anything other than a beautifully pressed extremely well presented product.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing