For fun, 10 greatest optical illusions that show how easy to skew our perceptions

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
I got to say a few I have seen before but these are great, I still find it hard to accept the 1st image where A and B are the same shade of grey :D
Anyway have fun looking at these, they are quite entertaining.
Appreciate these are not audio, but they show how our brain adjusts our perception, now aint reality a funny thing :)
I still love the rotating snake visual.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1314281/Ten-greatest-optical-illusions.html

Cheers
Orb

Yes it is! Either a "b" or an "n" keeps comming in while trying to hit the space bar.... Writting slowly solves the issue :)

LOL Steve wins the Sherlock Holmes award this evening :)

Cheers
Orb
Only because I do everything from the iPad and I have the same problem. It comes from dragging your finger over either the "c,v,b,n,m". It is supersensitive and I always have to go back and remove those extra letters

Nice article. Sadly, I have a version of them in our remodeled house! We picked these wavy handles for our second kitchen and entertainment center. They look like these:

70.jpg

Look fine, right? Now put them horizontally on each cabinet and take a look and you think all of the are sloped in the direction of the end wave! That is, if the final twist is pointing down, it looks like the entire handle is crooked. I will try to take a picture and show next time we are down there (it is our vacation house).

LOL that must had been annoying :)
And yeah I can get a sense of it from the silver one, ah makes you wonder if the designer had a fiendish sense of humour :)
Thanks
Orb

Just to add I never knew that the MC Escher/Penrose staircase drawings worked in real life as shown by the dice, pretty superb.

Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing