Freddie Mercury auto-tuned on an official Queen release!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've just read on Steve Hoffman Forum that the debut Queen album has just been released as a multi-disc boxset, including a 2024 re-mixed version.
Of course, fears raised in re-mixing any classic album, but no-one could have guessed the awful outcome.
First is that Roger Taylor has butchered his drums by adding a digital trigger on the snare.
Second, and arguably an unforgivable sin, is that Brian May has...auto-tuned Freddy Mercury's vocals.
I can't even believe I'm writing these words.
The reception from the Queen fanbase has been unsurprisingly scathing.
What's so frustrating is that multi multi multi millionaire rock royalty feel they have to kowtow to modern market demands to vandalise their own work, rather than holding fast to artistic integrity.

• Wow
Reactions: Thundersnow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu