GAIA’s on amps - any experience?

dgale

Sep 22, 2020
Since my 185 lbs Pathos Heritage hybrid integrated is at the extreme weight limit of even five OREA Bordeaux, Isoacoustic suggests using GAIAs for the amp. There is little online or in their marketing that recommends GAIAs for amps. I use GAIAs my Tannoys so the issue for me is suitability for amps as well. Thanks for any advice.

I've seen GAIA feet used on servers & power supplies. Audio Mirror uses them on some of their dacs, so I'd imagine they should work out fine if you're looking to stay within the Isoacoustics product family.

Reactions: dgale
I've seen GAIA feet used on servers & power supplies. Audio Mirror uses them on some of their dacs, so I'd imagine they should work out fine if you're looking to stay within the Isoacoustics product family.
Gaias are designed for speakers - they allow movement only in two directions (front and rear), to allow for cabinet deflection in response to speaker driver movements. This prevents vibrations from driver movements from resonating through the cabinet, which is what would happen with a speaker rigidly spiked to the ground. Movement based isolation feet/platforms that allow movement in all directions, e.g., Townshend, Wellfloat, might be better for electronics. I use Wellfloat platforms in combination with resonance draining/tuning feet (ASI Top Line, Dalby, and Marigo Mystery Feet) under electronics, and Gaias under my speakers. For me the main attraction of the Gaias was their low cost. Townshend, Wellfloat, etc. might be superior under speakers but at many multiples of the Gaias' cost.

Attachments

• TT WF.jpg
    TT WF.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SA8005 Wellfloat.jpg
    SA8005 Wellfloat.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail_IMG_4140 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4140 (2).jpg
    221 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: dgale
Response from IsoAcoustics:

Yes, the GAIA and the OREA series use the same technology. The GAIA series works well with electronics. Manufacturers like AudioMirror, Java Hifi, Merril Audio etc are using GAIA isolators included with their electronic audio components.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing