Google Android Takes On Apple iPhone's Siri

steve williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...le-Android-to-take-on-Apple-iPhones-Siri.html

I must say that having owned the new iPhone 4s for the past 2 months Siri is an amazing feature that boggles my mind as to how fast and accurately Siri responds to questions asked of her

In earlier models of iPhones there was a voice recognition feature which was an earlier version of Siri which allows for voice dialing of phone numbers. The updated Siri however is uncanny

Google has no choice but to provide this feature as Sirir acts as a search engine and is able to bypass Google in the future.

Fortunately, Google is way at the front of the voice recognition science. For example, i can search for my *last name* which doesn't exist in any dictionary and it will recognize it. What it can't do is contextual/conversational recognition which Siri does. I expect them to close that gap if not with one release, but with two.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing