Gustavo Dudamel & the BSO - The Rite of Spring

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
This is a Big event this weekend, will post impressions, expecting the tempo to be fast...

Meantime, enjoy this

Reactions: the sound of Tao

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Thank you for posting. Stravinsky like...powerful.

Reactions: ack

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I’ve watched Dudamel conduct several times and I can tell you he is revered in Los Angeles. There was even a Prime series that was fashioned after him (Mozart in the Jungle)

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
He IS to be revered! They don't call him El Magico for nothing

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
He is a very young man but exceptionally gifted

Gustavo Dudamel net worth: Gustavo Dudamel is a Venezuelan conductor and violinist who has a net worth of $8 million. Gustavo Dudamel was born in Barquisimeto, Lara, Venezuela in January 1981. He serves as the music director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic as well as the Orquesta Sinfonica Simon Bolivar. He studied music at an early age and started playing the violin at 10. He became the music director at Simon Bolivar in 1999 and at the Los Angeles Philharmonic in 2009. Dudamel has conducted for several album releases and won many awards. In 2015 he released the albums Wagner with the Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela and Philip Glass: Double Piano Concerto with Katia and Marielle Labeque and the Los Angeles Philharmonic.

Gustavo Dudamel salary: Gustavo earns around $1.5 million per year from the LA Philharmonic. He is currently under contract with the Philharmonic until 2022.

Reactions: RogerD

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Reactions: RogerD

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
If you look at the BSO, particularly at the string sections, you can see the number of women in the orchestra. Back when I started going to the BSO in the mid '60's (while I was in college) there was one woman in the BSO, the famous and fabulous first flute, Doriot Anthony Dwyer. Mrs. Dwyer was the only woman in the orchestra during the four years I attended BSO concerts. The change in the number of women (now almost 50% in the US) was precipitated by the introduction of blind auditions in the '70s and '80's.

Larry

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If you look at the BSO, particularly at the string sections, you can see the number of women in the orchestra. Back when I started going to the BSO in the mid '60's (while I was in college) there was one woman in the BSO, the famous and fabulous first flute, Doriot Anthony Dwyer. Mrs. Dwyer was the only woman in the orchestra during the four years I attended BSO concerts. The change in the number of women (now almost 50% in the US) was precipitated by the introduction of blind auditions in the '70s and '80's.

Larry

Vienna was known for having none and even till a decade or so ago had only 7. The London orchestras also have roughly 50 percent women, for big symphonies I have counted over 40 on stage with the BBC orchestra once

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Just my luck, I was scheduled to go tomorrow

Dear Patron,

Gustavo Dudamel has regretfully withdrawn from this week’s performances with the Boston Symphony Orchestra due to complications from a hand and arm injury sustained from a fall he took last December. Maestro Dudamel's doctor has recommended immediate rest in order to avoid further complications and fully recover from the injury. Dudamel had been scheduled to lead Tuesday’s program of Schumann’s Spring Symphony and Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring, as well as performances of works by Paul Desenne, Ginastera, and Estévez, Thursday, April 11 through Saturday, April 13.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing