Hello from Los Gatos, CA

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I was over to Brian's place a few times in the cigar smoking days. I bought a few records, listened to some of his equipment with my own records. Never really jousted with him, but he did look at me like I was the guy he used to kick sand on at the beach.

Supposedly, he started the store because his wife couldn't stand his audio, his audio equipment, his audio friends, and their endless cigars in her house. It was the audio site that WAF built.

The store had the wonderful Wavestream gear, SME, etc., and a nice vinyl collection, but, in contrast, generally looked like a bachelor pad in upkeep and style, like the maid died and they never replaced her. As a slobophile, I felt very comfortable there except for the smoke.

Stu

Oct 10, 2015
Los Gatos, CA
Brian's wife seemed to come by more often at their "newer" store on Bascom Avenue; more so as they were winding down.

Yes, the old store on Fruitvale was more like a frat house...a watering hole of sorts.

I recall Brian lived in Los Gatos when we talked about his move to Seal Beach.

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
I remember back in the early 80's driving down from Palo Alto in my Lotus Esprit to go to Carry Nations. I always loved Los Gatos.

Reactions: Stu

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing