Innuos Statement: Nextgen vs Non-Nextgen

Sep 10, 2022
Forgot the anyone "else". also has anyone compared the statement to the taiko extreme? particularly with xdms vs innuos 2.1 software

Rhodium

Jul 2, 2017
Hello community,

here is a copy of what I just wrote to Sean Jacobs after, first of all, having bought his umbilical cables for the Statement, then having upgraded it to the Next GEN version (already placed in "A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement ) :

" Good morning Sean ,

I wanted to thank you warmly for recommending the upgrade of the Innuos Statement, which was carried out a few weeks ago.
The progress is major , like a new and better device : darker background, many more atmospheres and micro-details, more embodied instrumentists , better fluidity and increased softness of the trebbles.
These improvements are magnified by your umbilicals, as you told me!! The sound stage was enlarged before the upgrade, since this one it is the walls of the room that have disappeared! And how natural the stamps are!
Congratulations on your expertise and the satisfaction I derive from it!
Best regards! "

Writing this post , I just listened to Carmen Gomes album "Don't you cry", one mic recordings. I am blown away by the atmosphere of the studio, the veracity of the cymbals, the "living" presence of the singer...°!°

RikkiPoo

Nov 4, 2020
Hello community,

here is a copy of what I just wrote to Sean Jacobs after, first of all, having bought his umbilical cables for the Statement, then having upgraded it to the Next GEN version (already placed in "A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement ) :

" Good morning Sean ,

I wanted to thank you warmly for recommending the upgrade of the Innuos Statement, which was carried out a few weeks ago.
The progress is major , like a new and better device : darker background, many more atmospheres and micro-details, more embodied instrumentists , better fluidity and increased softness of the trebbles.
These improvements are magnified by your umbilicals, as you told me!! The sound stage was enlarged before the upgrade, since this one it is the walls of the room that have disappeared! And how natural the stamps are!
Congratulations on your expertise and the satisfaction I derive from it!
Best regards! "

Writing this post , I just listened to Carmen Gomes album "Don't you cry", one mic recordings. I am blown away by the atmosphere of the studio, the veracity of the cymbals, the "living" presence of the singer...°!°
I also have the cables and NextGEN upgrade. My experience is the same as yours.

Reactions: Rhodium

hicr49

Jan 10, 2018
May I ask where can one order the upgraded DC cables and roughly what's the cost for three cables? Thx

Rhodium

Jul 2, 2017
Puis-je demander où peut-on commander les câbles CC améliorés et quel est le coût approximatif de trois câbles ? Merci
2 umbilicals are enough.
Either Innuos from your dealer or from Sean Jacobs:
custom.hifi.cables@gmail.com
In my case 900GBP excluding VAT, for 30cm, one year ago.

Reactions: hicr49

RikkiPoo

Nov 4, 2020

I am pretty sure these are the Chord cables but check before you buy. I think I went thru Jaguar Audio for mine but I done see them on their site. They are very responsive to emails.

Reactions: hicr49

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021

I am pretty sure these are the Chord cables but check before you buy. I think I went thru Jaguar Audio for mine but I done see them on their site. They are very responsive to emails.
That can't be right, the Chord upgrade cable is blue, also the MSRP is £875.00 including 20% VAT, so really £700 for one meter. How are these listed for 2x the price for half the length?

analogsa

Apr 15, 2017
Cascais
- Lower background noise. The soundstage was much "blacker". Was this the effect of the two big chokes?

In addition to the chokes the pictures show different approaches to rectification. The Nextgen has replaced the multiple TO220 diodes with synchronous rectifiers, a significant step forward in SQ imho.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Innuos factory visit 2023 :

Very worth watching.

Last edited:

b345t

May 10, 2020
I got my Statement back from Portugal on Tuesday where it got upgraded to Next-Gen. So I'll just say in general; everything is better with the next-gen, there are no trade offs.

Main things I have noticed immediately: bass definition and clarity were the biggest differences you can tell instantly. Actually I would go as far as to say the character of the bass has changed. Much more precise; no overhang. Solid and faster transients. It feels like my speakers are digging even lower than before, but without any wooly/hazey effect. High frequencies more smooth, very rich treble tone. Overall, the whole presentation is more musical. You just want to play it louder and louder. Groove is more flowing and apparent. Great separation and 3-d soundstage. Images denser with better defined outlines/edges.

For me a strange but very welcoming experience was that from the first moment I turned it on; cold right after delivery, it sounded excellent. It felt like the unit was broken in. Full bass and musical treble. Usually it doesn't work like that with other hifi components I've had. They usually need a few days at least to warm up/settle in. Not the case with the next-gen in my system. I'm not even sure I hear any difference now that the unit has been playing music non stop for the last 5 days. Its just been filling the room with beautiful music from the first minute. I'm not really focusing on the micro details like I usually do with break-in. The soundstage is massive too.

Super happy with this Nex-Gen upgrade, well worth the asking price for the upgrade. Going from the Zen mk3 to the statement was a nice jump but I was kind of questioning the upgrade from a value standpoint. This really feels like a Statement streamer now. Night and day vs my zen mk3 that I was listening to again for the 1 week the statement was away during the upgrade. Lastly, super great and clear communication with the Innuos staff.

Last edited:

Popspin

Apr 28, 2015
Congratulations on the upgrade. I agree with your conclusions except there is more improvement to come with time. The upgrade includes many new components that take some time to reach their best performance. The improvements are clearly audible.
You mentioned bass performance. My bass is so clean, clear, deep and defined, my Gotham’s shake the foundation of our home!
Combined with the Sean Jacob’s umbilicals, a Cardas Clear Beyond XL power cable and CMS Center Stage footers my Statement sounds musical and pleasing. A different player than I originally bought, now performing at a much higher level.

Reactions: b345t

b345t

May 10, 2020
Congratulations on the upgrade. I agree with your conclusions except there is more improvement to come with time. The upgrade includes many new components that take some time to reach their best performance. The improvements are clearly audible.
You mentioned bass performance. My bass is so clean, clear, deep and defined, my Gotham’s shake the foundation of our home!
Combined with the Sean Jacob’s umbilicals, a Cardas Clear Beyond XL power cable and CMS Center Stage footers my Statement sounds musical and pleasing. A different player than I originally bought, now performing at a much higher level.

Thanks, I've got the Sean Jacobs umbilicals too; really nice uptick with them too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing