Jon's Reference System

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
After many trials and tribulations and lost dollars I have finally assembled a system that
transports me in the concert hall or recording studio and stirs up emotion to makes me say –
Wow! My only limitation with having a hi-end system in a swank modern DC Condominium
is not having a dedicated listening room to fully enjoy and maximize the capability of the
system or to do the tweaks necessary to get the best out of the system while achieving the
WAF. Nevertheless I have overcomed these challenges – yes even the WAF and have a
system that is integrated into the houses decorum and allows me to hear into the music and
gives me joy. Here is my system along with a few pictures.

Speakers: Alta Audio Hestia Titanium Speakers (Just Released - WOW - Replaced Martin Logan Renaissance 15A)
Amplification: Audio Research Ref. 6 Preamp, Ref. 3 Phono Preamp; Ref. 250SE Mono Amplifiers
Analog: VPI HR-X Turntable w/JMW 3D Reference Tonearm and Transfiguration Proteus Cartridge
Digital: dCS Rossini Player w/Clock, Antipodes DX Server and Sonos Connect Box with W4S Mods
Cables: AQ WEL Signature XLRs; AQ Oak Speaker; Digital: WireWorld Platinum/Nordost ; Power Cords:
Shunyata, AQ and Cardas
Power Conditioning: Shunyata Denali Series 6000T (Components) and 2000T (Power Amplifiers)
Record Cleaning: Audio Desk Vinyl Record Cleaning System
Audio Equipment Stand: Steve Blinn Design Double Wide Component Stand

View attachment 30987 View attachment 30988 View attachment 30989
After many trials and tribulations and lost dollars I have finally assembled a system that
transports me in the concert hall or recording studio and stirs up emotion to makes me say –
Wow! My only limitation with having a hi-end system in a swank modern DC Condominium
is not having a dedicated listening room to fully enjoy and maximize the capability of the
system or to do the tweaks necessary to get the best out of the system while achieving the
WAF. Nevertheless I have overcomed these challenges – yes even the WAF and have a
system that is integrated into the houses decorum and allows me to hear into the music and
gives me joy. Here is my system along with a few pictures.

Speakers: Alta Audio Hestia Titanium Speakers (Just Released - WOW - Replaced Martin Logan Renaissance 15A)
Amplification: Audio Research Ref. 6 Preamp, Ref. 3 Phono Preamp; Ref. 250SE Mono Amplifiers
Analog: VPI HR-X Turntable w/JMW 3D Reference Tonearm and Transfiguration Proteus Cartridge
Digital: dCS Rossini Player w/Clock, Antipodes DX Server and Sonos Connect Box with W4S Mods
Cables: AQ WEL Signature XLRs; AQ Oak Speaker; Digital: WireWorld Platinum/Nordost ; Power Cords:
Shunyata, AQ and Cardas
Power Conditioning: Shunyata Denali Series 6000T (Components) and 2000T (Power Amplifiers)
Record Cleaning: Audio Desk Vinyl Record Cleaning System
Audio Equipment Stand: Steve Blinn Design Double Wide Component Stand

View attachment 30987 View attachment 30988 View attachment 30989
Your system is beautiful and fits the decor wonderfully. That it sends you into space and your wife likes it is priceless.

Reactions: KLH007

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Updated pictures of my system

Attachments

• IMG_0598.jpeg
    IMG_0598.jpeg
    891.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0613.jpeg
    IMG_0613.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

2fastdriving

Jan 19, 2023
Wow, must be incredible! Congrats on a wonderful setup! I love Tidals.

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Wow, must be incredible! Congrats on a wonderful setup! I love Tidals.
Thank you - system is dialed in and sounding wonderful. Tidal speakers are awesome and love them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing