Krell Remote and KAV 300r

RTS

Feb 25, 2021
New to the forum, tried contacting Krell, with no success thus far. I have a simple question with a not obvious answer.

I'm the original owner of a KAV 300r, bought 20 give or take years ago and used intermittently. Have had no problems with the unit itself. The original remote was like a plastic TV remote and broke down quickly. Krell replaced it with what they then described as a "credit card" style remote (picture attached), which is clearly intended to work with multiple devices, including a preamplifier and a CD player as well as the 300r and the integrated amplifier without the tuner section. In the second row on the right side is a button marked "Phase," which I assume refers to speaker phasing, and which when pressed appears to interrogate the receiver (the blue led on the left hand side blinks momentarily), but (a) pressing the button seems to have no discernible effect on the projected sound, at least as far as I can tell (and my ears are old, but not that old), and (b) there is nothing I have found on the receiver itself to indicate whether the speaker phasing is normal or reversed.

Does anyone out there know whether that button is in fact intended to reverse the speaker phasing on the KAV300r, or whether it's just a placebo?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

-- RTS

IMG_3944.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing