Magico Ultimate III

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Who of you has heard this beheamoth? I heard it a couple of times in Munich and it was of course quite impressive in some ways; however, they were using Pass amps (not idea for horns, IMO) and I felt tonality was not that great...at that time. Has anyone heard them in a private setting (there are probably only 5-6 worldwide I guess)? It is using what are generally considered SOTA compression drivers etc. and it kind of also depends on how the active xover is being done, so it is not a simple system to draw conclusions on. Still, very interesting in many ways...thoughts!

What I find most interesting is that a dedicated box maker went whole hog on a horn system as their SOTA statement.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Who of you has heard this beheamoth? I heard it a couple of times in Munich and it was of course quite impressive in some ways; however, they were using Pass amps (not idea for horns, IMO) and I felt tonality was not that great...at that time. Has anyone heard them in a private setting (there are probably only 5-6 worldwide I guess)? It is using what are generally considered SOTA compression drivers etc. and it kind of also depends on how the active xover is being done, so it is not a simple system to draw conclusions on. Still, very interesting in many ways...thoughts!

What I find most interesting is that a dedicated box maker went whole hog on a horn system as their SOTA statement.

I thought it was there only one year. I did hear it then, the demo was boring. There was a queue, and once you got in, they controlled a 30 min demo with audiophile tracks. Anyone who can judge on that has golden ears

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I thought it was there only one year. I did hear it then, the demo was boring. There was a queue, and once you got in, they controlled a 30 min demo with audiophile tracks. Anyone who can judge on that has golden ears
I thought it was there twice but no matter. Yes, it was a controlled demo but you could still tell a lot and I would not say it was boring sounding.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
For me most controlled demos at shows are boring.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
For me most controlled demos at shows are boring.
Controlled or not is irrelevant...only whether or not the music interesting or revealing, which can easily be true for a controlled demo.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
If I'm not mistaken the Ultimate I came before the Mini I. It was the former that brought Alon/Magico to wide attention through a visit by RH to the home of the owner who commissioned them.

There was a member here named Stereo who purchased a pair but vanished from the site before he had them set up.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
If I'm not mistaken the Ultimate I came before the Mini I. It was the former that brought Alon/Magico to wide attention through a visit by RH to the home of the owner who commissioned them.

There was a member here named Stereo who purchased a pair but vanished from the site before he had them set up.

Yes, we had a nice past thread on them https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/magico-ultimate-3.11523/

Stereo vanished in the last but one page!

Reactions: morricab

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing