McIntosh at Crutchfield

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I can get McIntosh at the mall(Best Buy/Magnolia)

Fred

May 31, 2010
Covington, LA
Didn't think I'd ever see the day when you could buy MC online.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks to be only the most basic of their products, they might have designed some precisely for this mode of distribution. If the quality is consistent with their other offerings IMO it could very well be a smart move as far as getting their brand to a broader market.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I am sure their dealers are not happy about this development. Then again Mac stuff sells easier than other high-end gear so if you are a dealer, you better not complain!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It'll probably help dealers, if they retain dealer only models. Household name...

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Just like McIntosh has their premium dealers that have their flagship products, Best Buys/Magnolia has premium dealers also. They have a store in NYC where I saw McIntosh equipment. Most Best Buys/Magnolia stores do NOT carry the McIntosh equipment.

As long as they have a staff that can service their customers, that is what is important.

If these new stores and sales venues can supply the necessary service the customers deserve, either directly or through service agents, especially at these prices, I don't see any problem with McIntosh expanding their network. Obviously, their top shelf equipment needs to be sold and serviced by specialized dealers who have experience and knowledge to take care of their customers and not all the old school McIntosh dealers even carry their flagship products.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing