Michael Tilson Thomas Performs

DeYoung

VIP/Donor
Feb 20, 2019
KY
Commentary: Michael Tilson Thomas charges ahead while in treatment for aggressive brain cancer
Conductor Michael Tilson Thomas, who is fighting brain cancer, returns to the L.A. Phil this weekend for several performances of Mahler's Ninth Symphony.

You really have to commend his courage and fortitude for continuing to conduct at what must be a difficult time for him.
My thoughts and prayers are with him.
I have and enjoy the boxed LP set of his very well done Mahler cycle done with the SF Symphony. Its appropriate that he does the Ninth as It surely deep dives into the eternal questions of life,death and mortality.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
We were really fortunate to have MTT as our music director in SF for 25 years. An extraordinarily long time for a music director of a top tier orchestra. Over the years we've gotten to know many of the members of the SFS. So many of them were hired by MTT over his long tenure. They all have great respect and affection for him. All of them call him "Michael." He lives in SF with his husband and long time (over 40 years) partner, Joshua Robison, and he can be seen frequently walking their dog in one of the local parks. I remember at one concert with Yuja Wang as soloist with the SFS she brought out MTT's dog out before doing her encore.

Larry

Dr Morbius

Feb 14, 2021
Wonderful conductor, in fact my very first purchase of a CD was MTT Rhapsody in Blue, among other Gershwin compositions. Over 40 years later and I still have it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing