MintLP Tractor

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Has anyone had any recent communication with the folks who sell the MintLP tractor? I tried to order one from them 3-4 weeks ago but I have not gotten any response. I have no clue if they are still in business and just not responding or if they are done.

This is the only tool I have used recently to do the initial setup of a new cartridge. I am not sure what else I would use.

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
Has anyone had any recent communication with the folks who sell the MintLP tractor? I tried to order one from them 3-4 weeks ago but I have not gotten any response. I have no clue if they are still in business and just not responding or if they are done.

This is the only tool I have used recently to do the initial setup of a new cartridge. I am not sure what else I would use.
Buy WallyTractor from Wally Analog. It’s the best for overhang adjustment of non-SME arms IMHO.

Reactions: tima and djsina2

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Buy WallyTractor from Wally Analog. It’s the best for overhang adjustment of non-SME arms IMHO.

I too opt for the Wally Tractor over the Mint when choosing among ARC protractors. I prefer Dieter Brakemeier's UNI-Pro (which I bought when it first came and was much less cost) or its little brother the SmartTractor over either of those. The former are less expensive while imo the SmartTractor/UNI-Pro are easier to use for both overhang and alignment. Ultimately, imo, the choice of a protractor is personal and which one gives you the best results w/ relative ease of use.

Reactions: tony22 and mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing