My son, the gamer....

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I'm not a gamer, but my 14-year-old son is deeeeeeep into his PS3. So deep that we have to limit his time to keep him from sinking in! I watch over his shoulder a lot, and the graphics are pretty stunning. He is a RPG gamer -- the Batman series, the Assasin's Creed Series, Infamous, Skyrim...and from my point of view (again...over his shoulder) the best are the ones that look as if you've walked into a great comic book or graphic novel. I'm particularly a fan of the look of the Batman Arkam Asylum/Arkam City games. For my own part, the only one I ever got into was Gran Turismo, an incredible car racing simulation. Great stuff. I also think the iPad is very rapidly developing into a great gaming platform, though it lends itself to different kinds of games with it's very different interface.

Tim

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
I have a 7 year old daughter who is seriously into Angry Birds. She has played all 15 levels in 17 different Angry Birds series. Thankfully, she's finally moved on to other stuff now. My wife has the use of her Android tablet once again, after many months in Amanda's charge.

When I think back to my one gaming experience with MYST, around 1990, having lost 7 hours and not realizing how much time had passed, I was so scared that I'd lost my sense of time and space for that period, that I quit playing any videogames from that day forward.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have a 7 year old daughter who is seriously into Angry Birds. She has played all 15 levels in 17 different Angry Birds series. Thankfully, she's finally moved on to other stuff now. My wife has the use of her Android tablet once again, after many months in Amanda's charge.

When I think back to my one gaming experience with MYST, around 1990, having lost 7 hours and not realizing how much time had passed, I was so scared that I'd lost my sense of time and space for that period, that I quit playing any videogames from that day forward.

MYST

there's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. I played that game forever and could never have finished would it not have been for others' clues

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
MYST

there's a name I haven't heard in a very long time. I played that game forever and could never have finished would it not have been for others' clues

I found you have to get into a certain mind set to play MYST. A kind of "ESP" mode of sensing where the next clue might be. It's weird, like a kind of fuzzy reasoning, but if you can get the mindset, you can find the clues. That's what's so addicting about MYST.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing