My Tube Collection, Welcome to share yours

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Great sounding tube the 6c33c with super low impedance. My experience was that they had a tendency to ‘run away’, glowing cherry red and extremely hot but are cheap enough to just replace periodically on a precautionary basis.

Reactions: DasguteOhr
Apr 24, 2023
CT
treehausaudiolab.com
Great sounding tube the 6c33c with super low impedance. My experience was that they had a tendency to ‘run away’, glowing cherry red and extremely hot but are cheap enough to just replace periodically on a precautionary basis.
Its Cold War cousin, the 6336A, was the same way in my experience. Great sounding when it was stable, but a very fine line before those graphite plates were glowing and going into full meltdown.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Don't try to match with a tube meter, just use the circuit amp. If it runs too fast or beyond the set point, turn off the amp. Place the tube in the oven at 150 degrees for at least 4 hours and let it cool. try again to see if it runs more stable. Attention I consider this tube unsuitable for cathode bias (resistor) a sensible adjustable negative grid bias works extremely well and stable. *A very working point is 165v anode /190mA current .runs after 2000 hours perfect. Of course, with this tube there is a lot of scrap that doesn't work 100%. Don't worry, make a chess figure out, it looks good as a tower.

*set amp

Last edited:

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Love it! The CV378 (53KU) is my recti of choice and has been for some time in my Horizon. I've been through many of the 4V rectis with various adapters and always come back to the Cossor CV378 staggered plate. It's frequency response performance from outstanding deep bass, through a gorgeous midrange, to highs that capture the hall ambience has superb musicality that has caused me stop recti rollling. (It also doesn't hurt to appreciate that the best tube adapter is no adapter at all!) Two questions:
1) I don't know the 52KU. Is that a direct substitute for the 53KU? Any comparative thoughts?
2) I hate to ask but, what the hell do you do with all these tubes? Do you use them for Christmas tree decorations during the holiday season? :cool:

Last edited:

adrian cheng

Mar 2, 2022
UK
Hello Marty the CV378 Black plate ( Left first two )sounds better when compared to the grey plate
KU52 = gz32 KU 53 = GZ33
Very good idea I wish I can use them instead of the Christmas lightings ;)

adrian cheng

Mar 2, 2022
UK
Earliest Telefunken ECC82.. Wrinkled glass, Square getter, Shape pins . One of the best ECC82 money can buy.. thumbnail_IMG_20231128_123124.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing