New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
what is it about the Heat that brings out the worst in the Celtics. Im dumbfounded as to the outcome of this game as the Heat steal home court advantage with a relatively easy win over the Celtics

Heat and 23 treys in the game. That makes a huge difference . Fans exit early is also not a good sign

Final Heat 111-101

All without Butler and Rozier. They really won the game with the barrage of made 3's

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Thunder is one hell of a team and are the youngest team in the league. Tonight halfway through the 4th they are clobbering the Pels with a continued injured Zion. Zion, I'm sure would have made a difference but watching this young Thunder team reminds me of their first glory days with the trio of KD, Westbrook and Harden when the 3 were also very young.

The Pens are still Zion and another key player short to dance with the big guys but they are just starting to become good and IIRC both the Pels and Thunder have a lot of draft picks coming ups which should bode well for each team.

Having said that the Thunder behind SGA, Holmgren and Williams have taken this club to another level as they can score at will.

Holmgren as such a big guy needs to bulk up and become buff but right now he's pretty damn good

SGA however is the oil that makes this team so smooth. He is a remarkable young man. I only learned tonight that he was born in my hometown, Toronto, Canada and like Jamal Murray grew up in Hamilton Ontario

SGA is a superstar. Another few years in the league and he is guaranteed an MVP trophy and will win a few rings. ....unless the Thunder do what they did to their previous big 3 and trade them when they couldn't afford to renew their contracts

This game was over at the half biut with 1:30 left the Thunder lead by 30 (120-90)

My big question is who matches up better with Denver . OKC tied the season with Denver but finished first due to a better head to head against the Nuggets

Yet having said that the Wolves are a more mature team who can bang bodies with the nuggets. The Thunder boils have to bet them with their you, speed and stamina when playing Denver

Final OKC 124-92

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
what is it about the Heat that brings out the worst in the Celtics. Im dumbfounded as to the outcome of this game as the Heat steal home court advantage with a relatively easy win over the Celtics

Heat and 23 treys in the game. That makes a huge difference . Fans exit early is also not a good sign

Final Heat 111-101

All without Butler and Rozier. They really won the game with the barrage of made 3's
Anything can happen Steve. Miami is used to being the underdog. They unleashed updrafted players last year.

For Celtics fans, it's a familiar 2 words. Deja Vu

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And like I said, Celtics don't win by past records or Vegas, they have to do it. . Unicorn had a very bad night.

Steve Williams

And like I said, Celtics don't win by past records or Vegas, they have to do it. . Unicorn had a very bad night.
This is the playoffs Phil....the only thing , which IMO is THE most important thing that comes out of the regular season is that the playoffs go through Boston BUT Boston has to play like champs to preserve that right

The Heat won the game without Butler and Rozier:oops:

Steve Williams

As for the OKC vs Pels series, I think there is little doubt the Thunder will win that easily without Zion, But could there be a difference with Zion. IMO if he is to be a factor it is essential that he be back for game 3 . To wait longer would IMO be giving up the ghost...

4. Zion Williamson provides an update

Injured star Zion Williamson addressed the media Tuesday after a workout at Paycom Center, calling his prospects for returning during these playoffs “absolutely realistic.”

Williamson strained his left hamstring eight days ago in the club’s loss in the SoFi Play-In Tournament to the Los Angeles Lakers. The former No. 1 overall pick sat out of New Orleans’ second Play-In game against Sacramento on Friday and missed Game 1 at OKC.

The team announced after the latest setback that Williamson would be reexamined in approximately two weeks.

He appeared to be in good spirits Tuesday after practice and explained he’ll need to pass various tests throughout a return-to-play protocol before he can rejoin teammates on the floor.

Asked about the atmosphere at Paycom Center for Game 1, Williamson cracked an uneasy smile and shook his head in regret for missing a chance to compete in his first career playoff game.

“Man, I really love hooping. So, it was bittersweet for me,” he said. “The whole time I just kept envisioning myself out there, my impact on the game. At the same time, I had to put aside my personal feelings and be there for my teammates. The energy was great. OKC’s fans really came out.”

Steve Williams

should the WC final become a match between OKC and Denver it will involve a battle of these 2 centers. One IMO is probably in the top 3 centers of all time. Holmgren hasn't tasted the fruits of that of Jokic. He also has to bulk up going forward to satand head to head with Jokic and at the moment, I think Jok 7tic would run right over him as he has done with AD.

What OKC has going for them is their youth speed and ability to outperform Nuggets at this level. I think it only slightly possible at this point that the Thunder would prevail however what they have in their favor is the fact that the WC finals go through OKC and to have one less game in Denver and not face the altitude is something to consider

In spite of that I think the Nuggets are poised to defend their title and while the Thunder is my number one Cinderella team and would love to seem them prevail, I doubt that will happen

On the flip side Boston revealed weaknesses to me last night that I would hope will be sternly addressed by the coach before the next game as the Heat are relentless

Steve Williams

Sixers start to finish played a solid but not a great game.
A lot of unforced turnovers by both teams.
Embiid was a huge factor as Sixers get their first win

Final Sixers 125-114

Embiid scores 50

are the Sixers back it it. They need to win the next one to make it competitive

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Lakers continue to have no answers to stop the red hot Nuggets. As always they take a 10 point lead late into the 2nd period only to have Denver capitalize on Laker turnovers

End of half Lakers 53-49

Lakers hold Porter to only 5 in the half

Aaron Gordon played a strong first half.

Lakers have no answer

Steve Williams

Well I give up. I throw in the towel. Denver is invincible

Tonight it is Gordon who is making everything. Lakers give up their 10 point lead and Denver is cruising to go 3-0
89-79 Denver early in the 4th

Lakers at home are lifeless

Denver has the best starting 5 in the league

I can’t watch anymore. I truly can’t see any team beating Denver in a 7 game series.

Denver toys with the Lakers as the Lakers are DOA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Before the season, I had doubts because Denver lost 2 key bench players. Mid season, I felt they would be repeating as champions.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing