New Speaker setup Tannoy with Jeff Rowland

gustavo

Oct 1, 2018
Italia
here is my new setup, after 13 years of living with my beloved Triangle magellan Sw2 concert in an acoustically treated salon, I wanted to replace the type of speaker, and I always liked the tannoy and these Canterbury sound very well refined and dynamic natural sound but the surprise is that they have interfaced well with my system Jeff Rowland model 8TIHC and Preampli Choerence 2 series 2, maybe I just have to understand if all the Cardas Golden reference speaker and xlr cables are suitable for Tannoy because their sound is natural but not too open
however fantastic awesome impact ,, you who and experience you had with these speakers? with which setup?
cant1.jpg cant2.jpg

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
very nice set up!

Reactions: gustavo

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
Wonderfull system Gustavo. Yes, you will have a more open sound with Cardas Clear as it is much more open at the top and bottom, preserving the musicality for which they are known.

gustavo

Oct 1, 2018
Italia
[QUOTE = "Rocoa, post: 647748, membro: 11464"] Sistema meraviglioso Gustavo. Sì, trovate un suono più aperto con Cardas Clear in quanto è molto più aperto in alto e in basso, preservando la musicalità per cui sono conosciuti. [/ CITAZIONE]

true but not always, the sound is fantastic but often with some recordings I hear the sound a little dark, dark, amber, but I have to understand if it is the xlr cable between the pre and final or the speaker cable

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
You should also consider the Cardas Clear Reflection cable. It has more weight in the medium range, the presence region, while Clear provides a flat subjective frequency curve. Both models characterized by image specificity and timing performance they're known for.

gustavo

Oct 1, 2018
Italia
[QUOTE = "Rocoa, post: 647755, membro: 11464"] Dovresti anche considerare il cavo Cardas Clear Reflection. Ha più peso nella gamma media, la regione di presenza, mentre Clear fornisce una curva di frequenza soggettiva piatta. I modelli sono caratterizzati da specificità dell'immagine e le prestazioni di temporizzazione per cui sono noti. [/ CITAZIONE]
tks Rocoa

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
In my opinion Audioquest Colorado is a great option (value for money) if you you don't want to use the more expensive silver ones.

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
IMO, getting the concentric drivers' center at ear level costs practically nothing, and yet it will will unlock your music much more powerfully. Plus, when you audition various electronics, you'll be able to discern theur attributes/deficits much easier.

gustavo

Oct 1, 2018
Italia
IMO, getting the concentric drivers' center at ear level costs practically nothing, and yet it will will unlock your music much more powerfully. Plus, when you audition various electronics, you'll be able to discern theur attributes/deficits much easier.

Ho Jim, of course you're absolutely right, I didn't think so before I used an armchair with 3 double cushions and I was much taller at concentric because before I had triangle magellan diffusers and they were 140/143 cm high and the seat was desired. thanks Jim now I'm shorter and now everything has changed

Jim Smith

Industry Expert
Dec 14, 2012
Gustavo,

This is an example of my intent. Seat height stays constant. Speaker is elevated to whatever height is required.

Attachments

• 72dpi_MG_6623.jpg
    72dpi_MG_6623.jpg
    660.3 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: gustavo and MRJAZZ

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
Gustavo,

This is an example of my intent. Seat height stays constant. Speaker is elevated to whatever height is required.

He also might want to investigate an after market supper tweeter. Tannoy, of course , makes some, and there are many others with built in networks to allow system matching.
Cheers.....

gustavo

Oct 1, 2018
Italia
[QUOTE = "Jim Smith, post: 647845, membro: 3483"] Gustavo,

Questo è un esempio del mio intento. L'altezza della seduta rimane costante. L'altoparlante è elevato all'altezza richiesta. [/ QUOTE]
Gustavo,

you know Jim, I also purchased Power cables speaker duelund 12ga I will compare them with my cardas golden reference speaker cable

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing