Nola speaker evolution

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
I have a pair of Nola Metro Grande 2 speakers which I absolutely love.
I am a big fan of ribbon tweeters and these speakers image very nicely even in a constrained placement,
on either side of a fireplace, close to the back wall, and firing the short way across a long room. I am feeding them with a pair
of Ayon Triton monoblocks in triode mode.

I'd love-love-love a Baby Grande but it's size is a bit too large for my living room. ;(

I see that the Metro Grande 2 have been replaced successively by the Metro Grand Gold,
the Metro Grand Gold 2 and, just recently, the Metro Grand Gold 3.
Can anyone here comment on the relative benefits of upgrading from where I am now to something
more recent, the relative differences and benefits of moving up the line, etc?

Thanks

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Nola’s as always sounded great at this years capital audio show
all vac and Sikora tt. was very good analog

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing