One (1) Most Important Live Concert You Wish You Had Seen?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
If you had to name only one (1) live concert that you could have gone to see anywhere, anytime but did not, what would it have been? (No list . . . No honorable mentions . . . Only one.)

This topic comes to us courtesy of Marty.

My 50th birthday. Prince is in town playing a small venue The Showbox for $250 apiece. Had to miss it for dinner with the family. Apparently not only was the show fantastic; the after party was epic. Never got a chance to see him again

Reactions: Ron Resnick
While in college, around 1985, I had the opportunity to see Sun Ra and his Arkestra in Philadelphia, and I chose to go to a party instead. Retrospectively, had I been exposed to the music then, I think I would have developed a taste for Jazz earlier, and would have chosen to see many more artists that were still performing up to the late 80s. So it would have had a "snowball" effect. Also, I could have seen John Gilmore on tenor saxophone...

Last edited:
Reactions: wil
August 25th 1990 Alpine Valley Wi. An Evening with Eric Clapton, Robert Cray and SRV. Had to work.

R Waters - The Wall in Berlin

Stevie Ray Vaughn headlined a Greenpeace organised festival in Auckland NZ 1989. The girl I was with at the time didn't fancy travelling the couple of hours on the back of my motorcycle, tempted to go in any case but didn't

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing