Phono Cable from Mutech Hayabusa SME IV.VI DIN to Sutherland Little Loco MK2

Chauncey79

Oct 26, 2023
Looking for recommendations for a phono/tonearm cable. I'm running a transimpedance setup from a Mutech Hayabusa on an SME IV.VI tonearm DIN connection out to a Sutherland Little Loco MK2.

Is it best to get a single cable with DIN on one side and RCA on the other? Or get a DIN to RCA box and then pick an RCA to RCA cable.

Thank you!

Reactions: Long Live Analog

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
If my tonearm had a DIN out I would use a DIN-RCA cable. Best to have as few connections as possible/reasonable IMO.

If you are looking for brand recommendations, Snake River Audio get's my vote, they make a DIN-RCA cable.

I love my Little Loco MK2!

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog

Aug 8, 2022
West Tn. Mid South
I have the Mutech Hayabusa and Sutherland Little Loco MK2. I use a Luna Orange DIN to RCA from the Jelco (George Merrill Signature Polytable) and Sorane (Merrill/Willians R.EA.L.101.3) arms to the Sutherland. A pair of Luna Rogue RCA’s connect the Sutherland to the Gato. I would not use a DIN-RCA box. Less connections.

Last edited:

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
You could also try artisan silver cables. Alister is very helpful and their nth degree cables are excellent and could be considered seriously underpriced compared to many companies offerings.

Chauncey79

Oct 26, 2023
I've heard Sumiko pushed SME into using Magnan branded wiring for their internal tonearm wire at one point with a high 30 ohm resistance. Have others had the internal wiring replaced? I assume this wire is pretty important. If I get this re-wired is it best to get the wiring a single run without any DIN connection and go straight from the cartridge to RCAs for my phono.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing