Power Cable Lifts/Risers, etc.

Republicoftexas69

Reactions: Bso

NZS

Jan 27, 2023
Hello Bryans,

An alternative is concrete chairs for formwork or general slabs. These cost barely anything in terms of general audio spend.
There are literally hundreds of different types/designs that can be tweaked if desired with blue tack, elastic bands etc. what ever your imagination can conjure up.
See below some links to get you started on what I am referring to.

NZS

Jan 27, 2023
Correction- Should of wrote reinforcing (Plastic) chairs for reinforcing steel in concrete.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
The Furutech cable lifters do affect the sound regardless of the type of flooring. I have hardwood over slab. I did a demo for a person last week. All the cable lifters are sitting over to the side so everything is just on the floor. I walked over and put the interconnect from the preamp to the amp up onto one Furutech lifter. The change in sound was obvious. Whether or not you like the change is a different story.

I think the OP was with regards to power cord support. The triplight things work very well in making the power cable more secure in the IEC and best of all they are very cheap. If you have a super heavy power cable then wood block do a great job of supporting the cable and keeping it from drooping. The Furutech supports do support the cable very nicely. They will affect the sound so you would need to decide if it is something you like or not.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Jackl3y

Sep 9, 2022
I decided to route some cable stands for the Fideliums I picked up. It’s more out of necessary but they turned out good.
half inch clear polycarbonate routed to a design I came up with.
Now working on revising the design for power cords.

Attachments

• 71409839164__E3773C38-AF8C-4993-AA52-2306CC7C39B0.fullsizerender.jpeg
    71409839164__E3773C38-AF8C-4993-AA52-2306CC7C39B0.fullsizerender.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71

Republicoftexas69

Firm believer in short IC and they do not touch the ground…

felipe91

May 23, 2022
i agree with your comment, however, my are sitting on ceramic floor, the carpet is in front of the speakers were cables are behind it.

I use the Cardas multi blocks cable lifters, I didn’t find fancier cable lifter doing better job for me.

Hello,
do you think CARDAS MULTI BLOCKS CABLE LIFTERS would be efficient on a carpet for my loudspaker cables?
thank you

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Hello,
do you think CARDAS MULTI BLOCKS CABLE LIFTERS would be efficient on a carpet for my loudspaker cables?
thank you
Certainly, there's no reason not to. Just remember to secure the cable by attaching the blocks with silicone or rubber bands for a reliable connection.

felipe91

May 23, 2022
Certainly, there's no reason not to. Just remember to secure the cable by attaching the blocks with silicone or rubber bands for a reliable connection.
Hello,
thanks for your feedback. So you advise me to attach the blocks and the spk cable together with rubber band (to avoid vibration)?

exupgh12

Jul 30, 2019
Hello,
thanks for your feedback. So you advise me to attach the blocks and the spk cable together with rubber band (to avoid vibration)?
for the comfort that they won't fall aside when you clean, as long as you don't move them, they will hold even without the band

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
This will work for smaller diameter power cords (0.75" diameter or less), analog & digital interconnects and the vast array of ground
wire options that are becoming prevalent in many systems

These are a brand new product that's been patented and will be more widely publicized soon. It comes from the innovations of a good friend and long-time audiophile whose family and he own a fabrication business in Wisconsin. Like many of us, I've been using ceramic cable risers, acrylic and other elevators for 20+ years and while they are very good, most solutions out there only accommodate one or very few cables.

With the addition of over 24 Shunyata Sigma chassis and signal grounding cables in my system, these are incredible find. He's producing models that allow for up up to nine (9), 0.25" diameter cables (work great with Nordost, Synergistic Research, Shunyata and other small grounding wires), this version which allows for up to seven (7) 0.50" diameter cables (larger Shunyata & other) and a larger version that allows for up to six (6) 0.75" diameter cables (even accommodates 50-ohm Zeel cables for DarTZeel setups and the largest Shunyata wire and others).

I have no stake or financial interest, just want to spread the word on what I've added that is unlike anything else I've seen. If interested, you can write to Michael at admin@audiohifisolutions.com (there is no website yet as he's working on marketing materials now):

Before and after photos and a couple pictures of the product. They've helped immensely to clean up and organize analog interconnects and a plethora of ground wires.

Attachments

• MarkW-before-photo1-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-grounding-cables-before_20240127_10...jpg
    MarkW-before-photo1-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-grounding-cables-before_20240127_10...jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up1_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191248.jpg
    Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up1_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191248.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up2_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191310.jpg
    Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up2_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191310.jpg
    984.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up3_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191318.jpg
    Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up3_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191318.jpg
    985.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up5_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191352.jpg
    Audio-HighWire-Cable-Elevator-close-up5_0.5inch_diameter_cable_model-MarkW_20240403_191352.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 33
  • MarkW-after-AudioHiWire-cable-elevators-photo1-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-groundin...jpg
    MarkW-after-AudioHiWire-cable-elevators-photo1-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-groundin...jpg
    750.7 KB · Views: 33
  • MarkW-after-AudioHiWire-cable-elevators-photo4-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-groundin...jpg
    MarkW-after-AudioHiWire-cable-elevators-photo4-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-groundin...jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 35
  • MarkW-after-AudioHiWire-cable-elevators-photo6-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-groundin...jpg
    MarkW-after-AudioHiWire-cable-elevators-photo6-left-side-interconnects-chassis&signal-groundin...jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Puma Cat

Feb 20, 2011
SF East Bay Area
This will work for smaller diameter power cords (0.75" diameter or less), analog & digital interconnects and the vast array of ground

These are a brand new product that's been patented and will be more widely publicized soon. It comes from the innovations of a good friend and long-time audiophile whose family and he own a fabrication business in Wisconsin. Like many of us, I've been using ceramic cable risers, acrylic and other elevators for 20+ years and while they are very good, most solutions out there only accommodate one or very few cables.

With the addition of over 24 Shunyata Sigma chassis and signal grounding cables in my system, these are incredible find. He's producing models that allow for up up to nine (9), 0.25" diameter cables (work great with Nordost, Synergistic Research, Shunyata and other small grounding wires), this version which allows for up to seven (7) 0.50" diameter cables (larger Shunyata & other) and a larger version that allows for up to six (6) 0.75" diameter cables (even accommodates 50-ohm Zeel cables for DarTZeel setups and the largest Shunyata wire and others).

I have no stake or financial interest, just want to spread the word on what I've added that is unlike anything else I've seen. If interested, you can write to Michael at admin@audiohifisolutions.com (there is no website yet as he's working on marketing materials now):

Before and after photos and a couple pictures of the product. They've helped immensely to clean up and organize analog interconnects and a plethora of ground wires.
Those are really cool, Mark, makes for a much tidier dressing of the cables. Thanks for sharing.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Those are really cool, Mark, makes for a much tidier dressing of the cables. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Puma Cat,...and the materials chosen, design & construction take vibration control and dissipation principles into considerstion.

Reactions: Puma Cat

Geoffkait

Feb 2, 2024
Falls Church, Va
Thanks. I am on a concrete slab with engineered wood floors. Risers do absolutely nothing other than making it easier to Swiffer the floor. These would be great for that.
Ack Chewally, the continuous Earth seismic motion forces the entire building to move, including the structure and the concrete slab. There’s no escape.has anyone suspended cables or power cords from the ceiling using rubber bands And eye hooks?

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Republicoftexas69

Ack Chewally, the continuous Earth seismic motion forces the entire building to move, including the structure and the concrete slab. There’s no escape.has anyone suspended cables or power cords from the ceiling using rubber bands And eye hooks?
Nope never will, like I said on a engineered slab with cable lock and piers. Also will look very stupid.

Last edited:

Republicoftexas69

They look very nice. I do not have any long runs of cable (small listening space and I prefer this) speaker cables are ribbon cable. Best risers for round or oval I have seen to day. Good luck with this project.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing