PSA: Please Check Your SPAM Folder

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I've had some issues with gmail's spam filter being overactive, and I'm not the only one. If you haven't received a reply from me please check your spam folder. Here are a few issues I've experienced in recent months, and I haven't sent a promotional email in a very long time...

I have seen a message sent to me from my own website get sent to SPAM.

I have had a reply I sent to an inquiry from my website go to SPAM.

I have had replies from my own suppliers I've been dealing with for many years sent to SPAM, even though I initiated the email.

I have filed a case with gmail and hope they manage to get this under control, but for now it seems to be an issue for me and many others I've talked to about it. I posted this because many folks never check their SPAM folders, but now is a good time to start... especially if you haven't received a response you were expecting.

Reactions: Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing