Qobus Denies Access To Music I Own

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
My Qobuz subscription lapsed. Not using it at the moment. I went into my phone and logged onto Qobus to stream to a whole home music system I have. I pulled up albums I own. As in, I bought the albums from Qobuz. I am not able to play anothing other than snips unless I have an active subscription. Does this sound correct. It seems to be what I'm experiencing. Pisses me off. Why the heck else would I pay to own the album.

My Qobuz subscription lapsed. Not using it at the moment. I went into my phone and logged onto Qobus to stream to a whole home music system I have. I pulled up albums I own. As in, I bought the albums from Qobuz. I am not able to play anothing other than snips unless I have an active subscription. Does this sound correct. It seems to be what I'm experiencing. Pisses me off. Why the heck else would I pay to own the album.
Rex, i've bought only one file from Quboz but never went through any process to move it to an off server NAS location, and not sure it's possible. i was not planning on doing much of that so never dived deep into the process. you might be stuck. don't know. without a current Quboz membership, there could be a trigger missing to access it.

i do see that title in my 'Album' section of my Roon system; but don't know exactly what that means.

you need to investigate what buying a title from Quboz actually means. my 2 cents is buying files might be better done from HD Tracks or other independent sources to make sure it's clear of the streaming environment.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you own the files (you can download them, right?), but need to pay for the streaming service if you want to stream them. If you download them you can stream locally. Assuming you are ok with the notion of a subscription model, this makes sense. You paid for the music, not to use their infrastructure forever.

Reactions: the sound of Tao
Qobuz doesn't have a "free" streaming tier so requiring a subscription to stream from their servers isn't unreasonable though I get that you purchased the music you're trying to stream.

Qobuz purchases can be easily downloaded from your account page and with the Qobuz downloader app.

I would see if you can still log in and download your purchases despite a lapse in subscription.

I don't have a streaming package but my purchased music plays just fine.
In the phone app go, Library>Purchased

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu