Resistance and stability

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
I’ve been wondering about Pass Labs amplifiers and stability at low resistance. I have the Xa 100.8. I often see that some amplifiers double power output as the as the impedance halves. I also hear about amplifiers being stable at lower impedance e.g 2 ohm and even 1ohm. My speakers dip to less than 2 ohms impedance and I wonder whether my Xa 100.8 is stable at that load and what is the output power at that load.

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
I can’t say but I would email pass or do a post on DIY Nelson is a member

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing