Sasha 2 vs. Alexia

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Hi i am very interested in buying the alexia but the only problem would be that they be position 3 inches from the front wall

Wilsons are very adaptable to a variety of rooms but 3" is probably too close. You don't say your room dimensions, but you can consider the following for what might work in your room:

The (Wilson Audio Setup Procedure (WASP) method first looks to establish what they call a Zone of Neutrality. That's an area in a room that is most free from acoustic interaction with room boundaries (room reflections.) Doing the procedure is fairly straightforward when done by two people, but one person can do it.

Here is a rough explanation:
Start with a person standing at the wall that will be behind the speakers. The person speaks while walking into the room. Go slow and speak normally, maybe slightly loud. At the wall the voice will get lower frequency reinforcement from the wall. As he walks into the room, listen for the point when the voice becomes 'normal' without that bass reinforcement - like it would sound outside where there are no boundary interactions. Mark that spot with a piece of tape. You can do this several times to gain surety.

Do the same thing with the two side walls, starting where the tape is. Mark where the voice loses the bass energy from the wall. Now you have the back borders of the neutral area.

There is further refinement that ends with moving the speakers in increasingly small increments to achieve the best tonal balance and focus while playing music. The above should give a preliminary idea about where the speakers should be relative to the walls.

apogee

Oct 5, 2013
Than you tima i know all of this but the only solution is 3 inches from the wall
So i thing i will keep my mrtin logan

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Than you tima i know all of this but the only solution is 3 inches from the wall
So i thing i will keep my mrtin logan

It's a better speaker anyway

• Haha
Reactions: Daverich4

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing