Simple Pre-amp or Volume Controller

Minatophase3

Aug 20, 2022
Seattle area
I am looking for a high quality volume controller with a remote control. The SPL Volume2 Stereo Volume Controller looks perfect except no remote. Can anyone recommend a similar device?

I currently am using an Accuphase E-380 integraged amp as a pre-amp connected to my Coda S5.5 amplifier. I have my TV, Computer and streamer connected to my DAC and that is connected via XLR to the Accuphase. My setup works just fine right now but it seems a waste to be using the Accuphase integrated in such a way. I would prefer to find something for less money that could accomplish the basic task I am using it for and sell the Accuphase and use that money for a different audio purhcase.

The Ladder Bach pre-amp looks promising as does the Schiit Kara. I really only need one set of XLR in and either XLR or RAC out, no phono stage.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu