Small speakers for nearfield listening in a smallish room

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Looking to build a system in a small room (2.5mX3m), where I'd be listening at nearfield (1-1.5m from speakers).
It can be a standmount as well as a very small floorstander.
Volume levels will probably be low, not to overload the room.

I prefer an easy load, to be able to work with small tube (SET?) amplification.
But it's not a necessity.

Budget is $6000-7000, second-hand is an option too.

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
Added some options that I've been considering:
Boenicke W5/8
Devore Micr/o or O/baby

Randy Fucce

May 26, 2023
Guangzhou China
www.ausman-audio.com
I personally think that the room area is a bit small(2.5mX3m)?
Normally, in an indoor environment with an area of 30 square meters, the playback effect of a 5-inch bass and a power of about 40W can meet normal needs. Unless you pay attention to very shocking sounds.

But If the volume is too high, it will be interfered by echo, and the speaker system will not be able to fully utilize its performance advantages.

Building a high-quality sound system in a small room is an exciting project, especially if it's a near-field listening situation.
My suggestions: speaker:
If it's within your budget, you might consider a pair of high-quality bookshelf speakers. KEF LS50 Meta and Dynaudio Emit M20 are two options in this budget range that can be your choice.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing