STST direct drive turntables available in North America

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Just a heads up that (for the first time afaik) the German made STST turntable and tonearm lines are available in the North American market from Solypsa! Stefan Strohmetz has been refining his own take on 'lower torque' direct drive since the 80s. As a big fan of good DD, I'm excited to offer these high value handmade products. An added bonus is the option to configure with various finishes for a nice custom touch. Motus-DQ-High-gloss-white-web.jpg

Attachments

• Motus-DQ-High-gloss-white-web.jpg
    Motus-DQ-High-gloss-white-web.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 186

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
All tables are built to order with approximately 90 day production times, and various options add to the final price.

The Motus DQ (unsuspended) starts at €4000 and the Motus II DQ (w/ suspension) starts at €6200

I haven't decided about setting a usd price (with currency fluctuation hedge) or simply keep in euro and covert at order time...

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Oh, and we can offer a nice bundle with one of the wonderful Sensitive Sound carts and (cart dependant) appropriate tonearm from STST, the Wand, Schick, Audio Creative...

guyser

Jun 9, 2016
Devon, UK
www.puresound.info
I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the Vertex tonearm. I really like the 10" version I use on my Motus. Having tried a good number of other arms which all exhibit their own characteristics on it (for better or worse!) the Vertex really is quite neutral.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Will let you know!

Certainly lovely with a Schick and Sensitive Sound Y12 Morion.... IMG_20181109_163604_056.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing