Studer B67 won't go into record

Nick Stevens

Jul 6, 2022
My B67 will not go into record. Here's what I know: It started when none of the lights on the meter bridge would illuminate. The meters and the monitor speaker on the bridge work on repro, but none of the lamps illuminate. I am getting all the voltages to the bridge per my schematics, +12, -12, +5 and -5, and the same good voltages throughout the machine. I'm able to trace signal from input to record amp card to oscillator card. When I engage the record button, I get a red light on the record button itself, but nothing records. I keep getting drawn to the Safe/Ready button on the meter bridge that does not light up, and have been trying to determine its role in the record signal chain. I've been through my B67 service and owners manual, my A80RC 1/4" service and owners manual, and even my A80 MK ll 2" service and owners manual to try to determine the where and why of its role in this problem. No explanation anywhere. All this being said, both channels are affected, which leads me to what I think is the only common element for both channels in record mode , the oscillator card? I don't have an extender card which makes this whole issue even more difficult. I know I'm a bit all over the map, but that is why I am writing hoping for some wisdom from someone above my pay grade. Thank you for your time.
Nick Stevens
Downtown Recording

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing