TechDAS Air Force Zero in Hong Kong AV Show 2019

mem916

Oct 11, 2015
I had dinner with Nishikawa san during the show. He wants to design a tonearm system to go with his turntables. It is going to be a high tech system. Since it is still on drawing board, he doesn‘t want me to tell too much about it. One thing I can said is it uses air bearing which is natural given his Air Force series turntable.

Now this is very interesting. Every time I think about replacing my Versa Dynamics with a TechDas I have been wishing they had an air bearing tone arm. Has there been any news on it since this post?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
So that is a sore spot. IIRC you might want to ask Bob Graham that question. I did.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Tech Das is imported by Graham tonearms
They were I initially paired together. It is a pivoted bearing design.
I am not sure he is anxious to replace his arm with an air bearing design.
IMO

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Xs150 is basically Class A amp, the current drawn is fairly constant. Unless pushed hard, it consumes fairly stable power.

Xs150 sounds much better with P20, Xs150 is connected to P20. That's why I uses 3 P20's. One for each Xs150 and one for the front end.

I think CH M1 will also sound better with P20. The output impedance of P20 is very low, actually lower than most wall socket. The dynamic will be enhanced, not restricted with it. You should give it a try. BTW, P20 is much better than P10, so forget about P10.

When you write that the XS150 sounds better with the P20, what do you mean? Can you describe how the sound changes? For example, blacker background, or what? Thank you.

I've always liked Pass/Magico. Congratulations.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
airtangent2002_2.jpg
Air Tangent2002

TLi

May 27, 2016
When you write that the XS150 sounds better with the P20, what do you mean? Can you describe how the sound changes? For example, blacker background, or what? Thank you.

I've always liked Pass/Magico. Congratulations.
Basically Xs150 sounds smoother and more dynamic with P20. Background is certainly darker. The difference is easily noticeable. I demonstrated the effect to a few audiophile friends, they all agreed with the improvement.

TLi

May 27, 2016
Now this is very interesting. Every time I think about replacing my Versa Dynamics with a TechDas I have been wishing they had an air bearing tone arm. Has there been any news on it since this post?
I have not heard any further news for TechDAS tonearm. The information I got was it is going to be a pivot arm, not linear design. The base of the pivot is conical in shape, the ward and its mount rest on the cone like a baseball cap. The space between the cap and the base is the air bearing.

Reactions: CKKeung

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing