Ted Lasso-Season 3 and Series Finale

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Ted Lasso has been one of our favorite shows over these past 3 years as it is filed only with good natured and harmless fun. Season one was simply terrific whereas season two was a complete change in the how the story was told but for my wife and I, season 3 was simply the best. It addressed so many social issues which are prevalent in the world today but did so with fun and kindness. Wokeness, homosexuality and lesbianism in some of the characters played key parts in the story bt how it was told through the eyes of Ted Lasso and the team was truly remarkable. Cutting to the chase, the series finale was so good that it will leave a lump in your throat and bring a tear to your eye. I believe this show will win the Emmy for best comedic series. Jason Sudeikis in the role as Ted Lasso should should also win the Emmy.

This is one series season that should not be missed. It tells the story of the team and their differences but how they came together and overcame their woeness and bigotry and played together as a team. Even Nathan plays a different role this year

The series finale will truly choke you up but leave you with a good feeling.

Not to be missed

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
As a fellow native of Kansas City, love all the inside local jokes, especially the references to Arthur Bryant's BBQ

Oh, and the Broncos shade was priceless :cool:

Last edited:

Steve Williams

When season 3 started and a few episodes in, I said to my wife that this is such a different season Things which are social issues here in this country such as wokeness, bigotry, homosexuality and lesbianism were portrayed in such a kind and well intended fashion that a statement was being made but it wasn't until the series finale that everything came together. This was a series based on a man from Kansas who coached football and separated from his wife when he decides to take a job in the UK coaching soccer, something which he has zero knowledge of. He takes a team which has never won and teaches them about life in such a way that it was a pleasure to watch.The series finale was one of the best series ending episodes I have ever seen. It truly makes you smile, makes you laugh and truly will choke you up. It literally is a summation of all of the characters who play on the team, the coaches, the team owner and Ted himself. In the British fashion the dialogue in every episode was filled with expletives but in 3 seasons there was never once other than a kind word from Ted. He became the spokesperson and father figure for the team and someone that all of us would like to emulate. If there is a season 4 it just won't be the same without Jason Sudeikis who I believe will win the Emmy for Best Actor in a comedy series as will the series itself. I also think that Hannah Waddingham will win for Best Actress. The series finale was simply wonderful

Reactions: msimanyi and ctydwn

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Hell Steve, now I don't have to watch it....LOL. you summed it up great. My wife and I binge watched it because we had free Apple TV for 3 months. We watched all three seasons in a month.
I agree, every episode had a learning point. I really thought Ted and Rebecca were going to be an item but it never happened. I saw an interview with Rebecca and she thought there might be a season 4 but maybe going in a different direction. She said she could do her role until she dies. Great show!

Steve Williams

Hell Steve, now I don't have to watch it....LOL. you summed it up great. My wife and I binge watched it because we had free Apple TV for 3 months. We watched all three seasons in a month.
I agree, every episode had a learning point. I really thought Ted and Rebecca were going to be an item but it never happened. I saw an interview with Rebecca and she thought there might be a season 4 but maybe going in a different direction. She said she could do her role until she dies. Great show!
I agree. The finale suggested Rebecca was selling the team and for a brief moment we all thought she was going to follow TED back to Kansas but then said England was her home and that she was keeping the team but selling 49% of it to the people. We also wondered that Keely's door would swing both ways as she was openly bisexual, and that at the end both Roy and Jamie were fighting for the rights to Keely. Finally the most humbling occurrence of the episode was when hard nosed and stoic Roy was seen sobbing at the end. Ted had a positive impact on every character in the show. It was wonderful

Reactions: Willgolf

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
they tied it up well and I liked the end, but thought the middle of the season was a bit of a mess. all these random story lines that didn't matter with literally no soccer for episodes.

have you watched The Bear? i was late to it, but it may become the best show on TV. S2 was just filmed.

Steve Williams

they tied it up well and I liked the end, but thought the middle of the season was a bit of a mess. all these random story lines that didn't matter with literally no soccer for episodes.

have you watched The Bear? i was late to it, but it may become the best show on TV. S2 was just filmed.
The whole purpose of the middle season was their take on each individual players' problems...dealt with Ted's depression, one player's homosexuality and Keely's bisexuality along with political wokeness. Soccer was the medium that held it all together. Real people, with real problems....also involved Nathan and his first love. I thought the season was classic and the finale was one of the best series finale's I've seen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing