Tonearm Prices Out of this World

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
50K for this baby...debut at Munich show!

398098_10151361290968498_700938428_n.jpg

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
LOL ... wood seems to be the in thing for arms these days ... and it seems to include all the necessary adjustments ... and more ... MUCH more.

tb1

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
It's made by Paula Dean Audio and they offer a TT with a frittata platter. Apparently they have a room at AXPONA this year.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
very cool.......

i especially like what looks like chewing gum counterweight adjustment. perfect. and easy to chew up any adjustment you might need.

it is important to not take ourselves too seriously.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
It's made by Paula Dean Audio and they offer a TT with a frittata platter. Apparently they have a room at AXPONA this year.

Wow an edible platter! LOL...

The rubber band is a nice touch :)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Must have been the spoon his wife was beating with for being a demented audiophile.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Must have been the spoon his wife was beating with for being a demented audiophile.

Reminds me of my childhood days when neighbors and friends of the family had ass-whooping rights if you were misbehaving. The German woman who lived across the street from us (and their entire family) were dear friends of our family. She used to tell us if we didn't quit misbehaving the wooden spoon would be dancing on our popo.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Her son makes a version with less calories.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
LOL ... wood seems to be the in thing for arms these days ... and it seems to include all the necessary adjustments ... and more ... MUCH more.

tb1

I guess what's old is new again. Garrard used Afromosa wood in the 1960's-70's on some tables.

I imagine the thread spools are for applying the anti-skating force, or is that fine wire in the step-up transformer for the MC cart?

Last edited:

jdza

May 3, 2010
I am very disappointed in some ways. That is clearly a hugely innovative and high quality product. Such a pity that the designer did not take it further and send the signal to that cellphone right next to the arm. He could then send the signal by Bluetooth to the phono pre amp thus doing away with the horrible degradation introduced by the tonearm cable. Sadly that would haver doubled the price,puttting this groundbreaking technology out of reach of all but the very wealthy.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I realize that the best business approach in public is to always take a neutral, friendly stand on everything, but this one compels me to speak out. I also realize that the people at Paula Dean Audio are doing their best to survive in an overcrowded, competitive, cutthroat market where you are only as good as what you've produced in the last five minutes, but it makes me want to puke when I see a lackluster product that could have been stellar with five minutes of extra research. Even the most novice DIY wannabe knows that bamboo spoons sound better.

Sorry for the rant.

Edit: Forgive me if I have spoken too soon. It just occurred to me that the spoon may be a Shun Mook one.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I realize that the best business approach in public is to always take a neutral, friendly stand on everything, but this one compels me to speak out. I also realize that the people at Paula Dean Audio are doing their best to survive in an overcrowded, competitive, cutthroat market where you are only as good as what you've produced in the last five minutes, but it makes me want to puke when I see a lackluster product that could have been stellar with five minutes of extra research. Even the most novice DIY wannabe knows that bamboo spoons sound better.

Sorry for the rant.

Edit: Forgive me if I have spoken too soon. It just occurred to me that the spoon may be a Shun Mook one.

You are so bad...;)

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I hear that wooden dildos sound the best and you can charge a lot more for them.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Nice thought, but the problem is that they resonate too much.

Oh I thought it was that the batteries add too much mass to the arm :)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I hear that wooden dildos sound the best and you can charge a lot more for them.

I wholeheartedly agree.

It sounds best because the cartridge is mounted directly onto the head--the most sensitive part of the arm.

We bad. Very, very bad.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Welcome to the first xxx-rated thread in WBF history...

:cool:

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS

The designer checking the resonance properties of the upgraded mkII versions.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing