Triode Wire Labs at the 2023 Florida International Audio Show

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
Here's some feedback from the recent 2023 Florida International Audio Show held in Tampa, Florida.

Starting with the Editor-in-Chief Scot Hull from Part time Audiophile... https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/03/03/scots-best-in-show-flax-2023/

Scot’s Best-In-Show | FLAX 2023​

Another runner-up in the Best-In-Show category was my perennial favorite — the BorderPatrol, Triode Wire Labs, and Volti collaboration (with Innuos!). I love the sound this gear makes — and while I am partial to the collective effort, I know that each are excellent in their own regard. Here at FLAX, the sound was punchy, precise, and on-point. One of their best demos to date — and all the more remarkable due, yet again, to the completely expected room constraints. How do they shoehorn such great sound into such crap rooms? Mystery notwithstanding, for what most of us will face with our “real world conditions”, this gear, in this combo, has proven again and again that us normal folks are absolutely capable of absolutely world-class performance. Just brilliant.

Thanks, Scot!

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

Mar 1, 2016
Long Island, NY
www.triodewirelabs.com
From Positive Feedback's Tom Gibbs... https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/florida-audio-expo-2023-part-3/

Florida Audio Expo 2023 - Part 3
02-24-2023 | By Tom Gibbs | Issue 125

Volti Audio with Border Patrol and Triode Wire Labs

Volti Audio's room is always a "can't miss" for me. Greg Roberts of Volti and "Triode Pete" Grzybowski are two of the nicest, most accommodating guys in high-end audio, and spending time in this room is like visiting with old friends. They're always quick to offer a beverage, and never refuse a music request, and generally will accommodate any volume level for any particular selection. That keeps the show attendees happy, and also gives them an excellent opportunity to check out the synergy of the particular system on display in the room.

The Border Patrol tube electronics and Triode Wire cables are an integral part of Volti Audio's excellent sound!

This year Volti featured two loudspeakers, the "New Rival" and the Razz (which I reviewed for Stereophile a couple of years ago). The New Rival has a slightly more compact cabinet structure compared to the original Rival, but still features the same internal componentry found in Volti's flagship Vittora loudspeaker. The Razz offers a generous helping of the sonic signature of its larger siblings in the Volti line, which, considering its quite reasonable price point, is pretty amazing. Amplification and DAC were, as always, all-tube from Border Patrol, and the excellent cables were supplied by Triode Wire Labs. Streaming was courtesy of an Innuos ZENith/Phoenix stack.

The New Rival loudspeaker is an superb update on the original!

I missed the Razz demo, which is usually much later in the afternoon, but made it in time to get an extended listen to the New Rivals, which were cranking out some Led Zep as I slipped into the crowded room. The sound was robust, but still very fluid, especially in the midrange and top end. No doubt due to Greg's constant attention to the crossover elements he employs in his designs—and the tubed Border Patrol amp and DAC contribute mightily to the great sound. A guy sitting beside me leaned over and asked "So how do you like the sound?" I told him he was asking the wrong guy, that I'd wear his ears out about how great this room and those loudspeakers sound. He just laughed, but he also hung around and continued to enjoy the music for an extended period—this is one of those rooms you just can't get enough of!

Thanks, Tom!

Cheers,
Pete

Reactions: Al M.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing