Troubleshooting krell kps 25sc

Economist x

Jun 1, 2021
Hi everyone! I am a new member.
I have the Krell kps 25sc.
Working well, until one day, placed a CD disc, and it only played through the right channel. No music through the left channel. When I played the FM Marantz 10B tuner, both channels work fine.
I did all the switching of cables. It only
the Right Channel works!
I did not send it to krell. Covid-19 issues. I reside in New York.
I am pretty good in soldering!
I need help, advice. What is the problem?

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I would start by contacting Krell. I would think they would point you in the right direction.

Lampie519

Mar 14, 2021
Hoofddorp, Holland
Have you opened it up already?
If not i would follow the advise of the guys here...
If you did , you could reseat the boards as it could be a bad contact.(not very likely but this is worth a try).
Without a service manual and without proper measuring equipment i strongly advise against fixing it yourself.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
not sure I would agree as present day Krell has no D’Agostino DNA.
I’d call Dan
Isn't Rondi D’Agostino president of Krell? Even if she is no longer at Krell, it can't hurt to call the company whose name is on the box. At worst they will say they can't help.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I used to think that. Early on help was given but when the new Krell removed Dan's name from the masthead I would be surprised if they would be prepared to offer any help on a dated piece such the kps25sc

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
First contact the company irrespective of who was at the helm in the past. They have archived product manuals which I'd take as a sign that they support post - production models.

In terms of troubleshooting, when you say you did all the switching of cables and only the Right Channel works, I assume that all analog inputs were tried and they all work, however only the CD player Right channel doesn't work? Or that the Tuner R and L channels work but the CD Player and all other analog input R channels don't? The good news is - if you have L and R output using the FM tuner as a source your power output section is functional.

Also, did you try a different digital source? If a digital source plays with both channels then your DAC is fully functional and it's specific to the CD player. In that case it may simply be a loose / dirty CD output connection. If all digital sources only play via 1 channel then it's an overall digital pre / post DAC problem.

I would pop the top and gently ensure all connections are secure (power off first of course).

Cognard

Nov 13, 2020
Hi everyone! I am a new member.
I have the Krell kps 25sc.
Working well, until one day, placed a CD disc, and it only played through the right channel. No music through the left channel. When I played the FM Marantz 10B tuner, both channels work fine.
I did all the switching of cables. It only
the Right Channel works!
I did not send it to krell. Covid-19 issues. I reside in New York.
I need help, advice. What is the problem?
have you tried both the fixed and variable outputs ??

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing