VICE Official Trailer (2018) Christian Bale, Amy Adams Movie HD

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

saw this film yesterday. Far from a good movie and obviously not written by a Republican as the movie at times was difficult to watch as it shows many of the key players of the time as complete boobs. Sam Rockwell as George W Bush was an uncanny look alike but it showed him totally drunk and obnoxious at his father's party.

The movie pushed the theme of an unitary administration where Bush and Cheney were tantamount to running the country together, yet it also showed how Cheney and his team intercepted emails and briefings every morning before they were even read by the POTUS. It also suggests that the real person running the country and certainly fighting the Iraqi war was Cheney not Bush

Amy Adams as his wife was a solid role as was that of Steve Carell. There were times were there were cartoon type scenes used to prove the point of the power of Cheney

The movie was long at 2'15" and dragged a lot in places

So having said all of this was there anything good about this movie? Simply put Christian Bale nails this role. The make up and costumes were so convincing as were the facial mannerisms of Bale that one swears they are looking at and listening to Dick Cheney. Bale will for sure be nominated for his role and previously my front runner was Ravi Malek as Freddy Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody which also remains my favorite movie of the year. However Christian Bale gave a memorable performance and so far for me it is between Malek and Bale with Malek still getting my nod

Lots of tongue in cheek and satire to this film, so much so that as said, it was difficult at times to watch. A perfect example was Cheney talking to Bush about how he has to get involved and bring down Saddam Hussein which was portrayed as hook, line and sinker as Cheney reels in Bush to his line of thinking

George W was portrayed as a boob in the film with Cheney and his team controlling the office of the president.

If for no other reason the movie is worth seeing just to see Bale in the role of Cheney

Rated only 66% on MRQE

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015

saw this film yesterday. Far from a good movie and obviously not written by a Republican as the movie at times was difficult to watch as it shows many of the key players of the time as complete boobs. Sam Rockwell as George W Bush was an uncanny look alike but it showed him totally drunk and obnoxious at his father's party.

The movie pushed the theme of an unitary administration where Bush and Cheney were tantamount to running the country together, yet it also showed how Cheney and his team intercepted emails and briefings every morning before they were even read by the POTUS. It also suggests that the real person running the country and certainly fighting the Iraqi war was Cheney not Bush

Amy Adams as his wife was a solid role as was that of Steve Carell. There were times were there were cartoon type scenes used to prove the point of the power of Cheney

The movie was long at 2'15" and dragged a lot in places

So having said all of this was there anything good about this movie? Simply put Christian Bale nails this role. The make up and costumes were so convincing as were the facial mannerisms of Bale that one swears they are looking at and listening to Dick Cheney. Bale will for sure be nominated for his role and previously my front runner was Ravi Malek as Freddy Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody which also remains my favorite movie of the year. However Christian Bale gave a memorable performance and so far for me it is between Malek and Bale with Malek still getting my nod

Lots of tongue in cheek and satire to this film, so much so that as said, it was difficult at times to watch. A perfect example was Cheney talking to Bush about how he has to get involved and bring down Saddam Hussein which was portrayed as hook, line and sinker as Cheney reels in Bush to his line of thinking

George W was portrayed as a boob in the film with Cheney and his team controlling the office of the president.

If for no other reason the movie is worth seeing just to see Ble in the role of Cheney

Rated only 66% on MRQE

Welcome to Hollywood! Just saw The Shape of Water for the first time, thought it was a great movie but there is politics injected into it unnecessarily. The diner scene should not have even been in the movie, it was irrelevant and disruptive to the movie.
This movie that you saw however IS about politics made and produced in a majority leftist environment, so the end result is Bush is not going to come out looking like a hero.
How are we going to have a thread about a political movie and not talk about politics!:eek:

I agree with you on Malek, blew me away!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Does it show Cheney planning 9/11 with GW in a high chair? I think that one requires Oliver Stone.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Is Agnew next? I mean, who wants to see a movie about a VP. Oh well, it’s a rental at best for me.

Did you watch Roma? We enjoyed it even though it dragged too. Cuaron easily wins Director.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The only political movies worth seeing will be those on Trump and Brexit. No dramatic licence will be needed, because the cliché "life is stranger than fiction" will never be more true in these two cases.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Is Agnew next? I mean, who wants to see a movie about a VP. Oh well, it’s a rental at best for me.

Did you watch Roma? We enjoyed it even though it dragged too. Cuaron easily wins Director.

Precisely my thought. However just to see Bale in this role and putting every thing else aside was worth the price of admission. It was an uncanny look alike who honestly convinced me

You may be right about Cuaron and I definitely agree about the movie dragging

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
We saw the movie and liked it.

Cheyney was VP but he had an inordinate amount of power and influence in the Bush #2 administration. Given his long and controversial participation in politics he was definitely was not your typical VP.....and I will stop there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing