What cart for AMG Viella?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Having recently been blown away by a Monaco 3.0 deck equipped with an Air Tight Opus 1 cart, it has got me thinking about upgrading the AMG Teatro on my Viella (arm is the original AMG 12" and phonostage is RCM RIAA Mk2).

I found that the Monaco + Opus gave a level of detail whilst maintaining full musicality that gave a phenomenal insight into the performance, which I'm somewhat missing in my set-up. The obvious place to start considering an upgrade is the cart but as I'm pretty much a novice in this area and it seems one of, if not the hardest area to demo in any controlled way, I'm keen to hear recommendations, both for carts and possible ways of demoing.

Thanks in advance!

The RCM looks to have plenty of gain for the Opus 1, that would be my primary concern. I have a Viella here with the turbo 12" arm and it handles my MSL Eminent cart perfectly. I don't see it being different with the Air Tight vers.

Reactions: heihei

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing