What Is It About Spectral That Creates Believers?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
(Just got word that an RA has still not been issued for my xport, well after a month; so there - we are both fuming :()

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
(Just got word that an RA has still not been issued for my xport, well after a month; so there - we are both fuming :()

Too bad to hear about your transport; good luck with it. If things overall are that way, I'll probably give up my belief in Spectral after all. I'll go instead with two of the massive external BorderPatrol Power Supply Units for my tube monoblocks to give them more headroom. Two of them can be seen next to one another on the floor left from the center rack here (scroll down for a larger image):

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2013/07/26/caf-2013-borderpatrol-and-living-voice/

That's only $ 4K for both of them (excluded installation).

I am very much interested in those Spectral/MIT cables though (or perhaps other MIT cables). They do sound excellent, with those super-fast and clean transients.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I want to take this opportunity to actually extol Pass Labs - ever since I bought the XP-25 phono I noticed that the right channel has a bit more noise than the left at high volumes, maybe not even 1dB, but you know how we audiophiles are. So after waiting to break it in, I emailed Pass; their response, quick and to the point: short the inputs and if it still happens we want to see the unit. How's that for service.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
BTW, I do think that my tube amps look at least as nice as the Spectral:

P1000690_c.jpg P1000689_c.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing