wilson audio sasha daw, vs B&W 801

graystoke4

Apr 28, 2011
uk nottingham
Hi all , long time no see, i'm in the process of looking at new speakers, i have Esoteric K01-X cd spinner, AudioNet Humboldt amp, and Wilson Sasha's, MIT matrix HD 60 cable, the speakers are getting a bit old I'm in the UK. so, used pair of wilson DAW, against B&W 801 new, has anyone heard both, i love the wilsons, but a big tax and import duty, play mostly prog rock , Rush Bowie dire straights , pink floyd, will the B&W have too much base, room is 12foot by 26 foot, all info welcomed cheers andy

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
These are very different sounding speakers. If you like the Wilson sound, I am not sure you would like the B&Ws.

Reactions: jeff1225

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Hi all , long time no see, i'm in the process of looking at new speakers, i have Esoteric K01-X cd spinner, AudioNet Humboldt amp, and Wilson Sasha's, MIT matrix HD 60 cable, the speakers are getting a bit old I'm in the UK. so, used pair of wilson DAW, against B&W 801 new, has anyone heard both, i love the wilsons, but a big tax and import duty, play mostly prog rock , Rush Bowie dire straights , pink floyd, will the B&W have too much base, room is 12foot by 26 foot, all info welcomed cheers andy
A used pair of DAW here is likely to be £25k plus, have you considered a new pair of Magico A5 ? you should be able to get a home demo,

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
After almost 6 months without speakers, my Sasha DAW’s finally arrived. Initial set up completed and just commencing early listening.
not deviating from the topic too much, I tried a pair of the smaller d4 and
the treble was on the strident side for my tastes, and this is with all valve amplification. initially impressive, but long term not for me. It’s all a matter of personal taste.
Having also changed my CD player, clock, mains cables as well as the speakers during this period, it all needs some running in. Even my ARC amps only have 260 hours on them. Looking forward to some serious catching up!
I’ll post pics of my updated system shortly.

masterapex1

Feb 15, 2022
Had a chance to audition Magico S5 and M2. I still think 800D3 is better sounding for classical music and dynamic pop music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing