Winter landscape in October

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
_DSC8096gpstv-3.jpg

I had been to Picture Lake in Northwest of Washington State near Mt Baker Ski resort on Oct 26th, 2019.

There are fresh snow but lake was not frozen.

I look young since I am only 59 years young! Haha

_DSC8099gpst-3.jpg

Landscape without me!

_DSC8153gpst-3.jpg

This is the hot point for landscape photographer.

DSC03819gpst.jpg

On the way back!

1572168306804-3.jpg

Bonus photo taken with Galaxy Note 4.

You can take nice photo with your cellphone.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Wow! Thanks for posting, very inspirational!

I'm going to learn photography/videography... I just got a Sony a6400 with 18-105 f4 zoom, 16 and 30mm f1.4 Sigma prime lenses and a gimbal.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Wow! Thanks for posting, very inspirational!

I'm going to learn photography/videography... I just got a Sony a6400 with 18-105 f4 zoom, 16 and 30mm f1.4 Sigma prime lenses and a gimbal.
Good start with Sony a6400.

I am using Sony A7R3 and A7r2.

Nice landscape around Rocky Mountain National Park.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I agree, when I got my new LG V20 a couple years ago I was blown away, and the new phone cameras are even better.

I plan on making some vids for YouTube and Insta on audio, and also doing product photos and promo videos for ZenWave, so I needed something that has a more professional look. The a6400 + 16 f1.4 on a gimbal is amazing! Hard to believe it's possible to get such great results for the money.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I agree, when I got my new LG V20 a couple years ago I was blown away, and the new phone cameras are even better.

I plan on making some vids for YouTube and Insta on audio, and also doing product photos and promo videos for ZenWave, so I needed something that has a more professional look. The a6400 + 16 f1.4 on a gimbal is amazing! Hard to believe it's possible to get such great results for the money.
Sony A6400 will be good to take photo of your product.

Good luck to you!

If I visit Rocky Mountain National Park next year for taking photo, we can go out together.

Reactions: DaveC

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Ive been into cameras my entire life and still get better pix with my big camera and lenses but for everyday you can't beat the quality from a smart phone

DSC08081pesbv-4.jpg

You need big camera with bright lens to take shot of aurora(northern light).

I may go to Alaska again next March to take shots of aurora.

If there are some persons to join me for aurora trip, then message me

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Sony A6400 will be good to take photo of your product.

Good luck to you!

If I visit Rocky Mountain National Park next year for taking photo, we can go out together.

Sure, I'm just east of Boulder, you're welcome to stop by as well. Maybe I'll even have final prototypes of my speaker done. I met a wood turner with 30 years experience who is going to make the horns. :)

Reactions: thomask

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Wow, beautiful country side, and fabulous photographs.

This one (almost zero human sign...extreme left, just above the water line) ...

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
View attachment 58439

You need big camera with bright lens to take shot of aurora(northern light).

I may go to Alaska again next March to take shots of aurora.

If there are some persons to join me for aurora trip, then message me

Reminds me of this vid I recently watched, going to extreme lengths to get that photo! :)

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Reminds me of this vid I recently watched, going to extreme lengths to get that photo! :)

aurora2-9862-32.JPG

I had taken shot of aurora in Iceland too.

But the chance is more high you could get a good shot in Fairbanks, Alaska due to dry winter weather over there while it rains a lot in Iceland.

Watching aurora shall be in Bucket list.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveC and NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks a lot for your compliment.

There are many beautiful places in Vancouver Island too.

The world (our planet) is jammed packed with beautiful vistas...from Venezuela to Kathmandu.
...Including the horizon line of the Pacific Ocean viewed from the west coast of the American continent, in the interiors among the forests of the mountains with white tops.
...Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, Alberta (The Rockies, Banff, Jasper, ...), Vancouver Island, Alaska, ... the entire West Coast including Central and South America.

I love your photographs...nature, I also love Gregg's photography.
Pictures and music they blend perfectly together; the sounds of the winds, woods, cellos and pianos.
Un Opéra sauvage dans une beauté naturelle paysage ...

Thank you for sharing this beauty, more more more please. :cool:

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
View attachment 58426

I had been to Picture Lake in Northwest of Washington State near Mt Baker Ski resort on Oct 26th, 2019.

There are fresh snow but lake was not frozen.

I look young since I am only 59 years young! Haha

View attachment 58427

Landscape without me!

View attachment 58428

This is the hot point for landscape photographer.

View attachment 58429

On the way back!

View attachment 58430

Bonus photo taken with Galaxy Note 4.

You can take nice photo with your cellphone.

Amazing photos...downright 3D realism!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I'm big on 3D holographic stereo music (and hi-res multichannel) and 3D films and documentaries (Blu-ray medium).

It's true that your photos invite us to walk straight through; like in 3D real life, right outside without windows. I sure agree with SCAudiophile.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing