You can't handle the truth.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It's probably a little dated. It is just another example of of the aw shucks why is everyone so mad at me argument I am just telling truth.
I love power cords and mine only cost $49.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I love my powercords too , not much happening without them .
But please ask the mods to change the tittle :p

You can't handle the trith.​

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
That guy has absolutely no insight into why he has been banned from so many hifi forums, and it is NOT because of the reasons he claimed. There are many objectivists still in WBF, and I am one of them. The reason we haven't been banned (yet?) is because we are not evangelists.

Everybody hates evangelists. If you encounter enough of them, it will easily turn you off anything they are evangelizing about. I don't like religious evangelists, and it doesn't matter what religion they belong to. I am an atheist, and I don't like evangelistic atheists either. It is the same for Apple, Linux, and Tesla evangelists. Mind you, I don't actually hate those companies (except Apple), I only hate the evangelists. Same reason why we hate vegans and vegetarians, because they barge into steak restaurants and call everyone murderers, and demand that everybody else comply with their beliefs. And let's not forget all those people who riot, which is an extreme form of evangelizing.

It all comes to how you handle disagreements. If I see something on WBF that I disagree with, I keep quiet. If someone asks a question, i'll answer it from my perspective. If someone disagrees with me, I won't pursue it. The person asking the question can decide for themselves whose answer is more credible, and I don't lose any sleep if they decide to go for the other viewpoint.

Sadly, most objectivists are aggressive, make snide remarks, and love to denigrate people who hold different viewpoints. I hate the term "audiophool" which objectivists throw around with merry abandon. Subjectivists could call objectivists "measurebators", which is a term thrown around in photography forums to describe people who only look at equipment metrics and not actually taking photographs. In the audio context, we could say that a "measurebator" is someone who passes judgement on equipment by looking at measurements alone without even listening. And there are a LOT of measurebators in audio forums.

One great example is that banned guy, whose book "The Audio Expert" is almost unreadable because of the sheer amount of bitching contained in it. It is almost as if he can't contain his hatred that it spills out on every page. I bought that book to learn about science in audio, and not to read page after page of snarky remarks about subjectivists.

He is exactly the type of evangelist we dislike. And I don't like him either, even though I have a tendency to agree with most of what he says when it comes to audio topics.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Another shouty voice? No thanks.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Theory is fine. Build it and they will come.
As much as audiophiles criticized digital ,look att the prevalence of DACS on this forum.
Say what you want. Good sound attracts audiophiles regardless of the media
As for Ethan, his antics are all over the internet for anyone who cares.

Republicoftexas69

Appears that this fellow could be Amir's mentor at ASR.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing