Your theater style:

What is the desgn of your Home Theater

• It exists in a dual purpose room

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • It is in a dedicated room but makes no pretence of being a fancy decor theater

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • It would put Theo Kalomirakis to shame

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Ethan Winer

Banned
Jul 8, 2010
New Milford, CT
When I get a chance I plan to set up a Gallery for my living room HT with a full description. I'm also making a video tour I'll link to when it's done. In the mean time, below is a photo of my current setup.

A year ago my wife Elli and I bought a 110-inch video screen for our living room home theater. At the time I thought that would be huge, and surely large enough. But no. So we recently replaced that with an even larger 159-inch model made by Da-Lite. It's 12 feet wide and the quality is amazing! Photo below. Our couch is ten feet from the screen, so it's like being at an IMAX theater. The sound is equally amazing, thanks in part to 55 acoustic panels all around the room.

--Ethan

Living Room..jpg

rsbeck

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
So where are the pix?? :p

I'll see about getting some pix up. I think I may also have some pix of the room with all of the acoustic treatments that covered that walls and ceiling before the wainscot and fabric went in.

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
Bass Pig's Theater: Utilitarian & Functional

ScreenAug14-02..jpg ScreenWallCtrSpkr.jpg TheaterSeating..jpg Racks_Aug_2010..jpg

It's not going to win a beauty contest, but the installation I built could win a competition for least amount of money spent. :)
Above, we have the screen wall, built for a grand total of about $700 in materials, including Seymour AV's Center Stage XD AT material, $1425 spent for a slightly-used InFocus IN82 projector, 3 chairs from Costco (they ran out of stock so I had to use folding chairs for the back row), a new center channel speaker that I built from NOS vintage parts... Second photos is what lurks behind the screen. Third is seating. Fourth is my racks that power this mess..
Have a good laugh! :D

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Very cool Mark!

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
My next project is to build proper cabinets for the ZR18 subs. I temporarily installed them in cabinets built for my original Altec 3184's. The new design should be about 38 cu ft and will have a very large and low tuned vent. It's on the drawing board, but I have many urgent priorities keeping me from it at the moment.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing