Best Dedicated Listening Room You've Ever Heard?

Surprising room dimensions - almost a square and height is half of the side. If it was not for my beliefs in RPG acoustic treatments and your report I would risk that it was a problematic room...

These dimensions support F. Toole argument that preferred audiophile ratios for room dimensions are mostly a myth.

Thanks for your comment. The room was originally in a completely different (rectangular) shape and has now been so modeled in the masonry to obtain this specific result, very similar in acoustic performance to Musikverein Wien Concert Hall, but here have been applied more advanced and technologically acoustic solutions (acoustic modern design, where every customized acoustic element is perfectly tuned). Respectfully it is not remotely imaginable what happens acoustically in this room, because actually listening here is one of those musical experiences that literally leaves you breathless (common definition of 21 European music-lovers experts and in audio-field/acoustic too, who had the good fortune and privilege of being able to listen to it. The dimensions shown are the physical ones, then there are the virtual ones which, thanks to the acoustic insulation before and the subsequent acoustic treatment, all in massive and unimaginable form, make the balance and the distribution of energy in a practically symmetrical and perfect environment in the modals and in constant reverberation times of 0.38 over to the entire frequency spectrum; the associated instrumental analyzes attest to this objectively. While listening, the room completely disappears (the physical dimensions and the boundaries of the walls / ceiling seem to be infinite) letting the music flow in the most natural way possible. This design and implementation took 13 months of intense research and appropriate development where everything has been carefully and meticulously studied / applied. There are not so many similar acoustic design in the world. (RPG Europe Docet).

Last edited:
Reactions: hogen
Thanks for your comment. The room was originally in a completely different (rectangular) shape and has now been so modeled in the masonry to obtain this specific result, very similar in acoustic performance to Musikverein Wien Concert Hall, but here have been applied more advanced and technologically acoustic solutions (acoustic modern design, where every customized acoustic element is perfectly tuned). Respectfully it is not remotely imaginable what happens acoustically in this room, because actually listening here is one of those musical experiences that literally leaves you breathless (common definition of 21 European music-lovers experts and in audio-field/acoustic too, who had the good fortune and privilege of being able to listen to it. The dimensions shown are the physical ones, then there are the virtual ones which, thanks to the acoustic insulation before and the subsequent acoustic treatment, all in massive and unimaginable form, make the balance and the distribution of energy in a practically symmetrical and perfect environment in the modals and in constant reverberation times of 0.38 over to the entire frequency spectrum; the associated instrumental analyzes attest to this objectively. While listening, the room completely disappears (the physical dimensions and the boundaries of the walls / ceiling seem to be infinite) letting the music flow in the most natural way possible. This design and implementation took 13 months of intense research and appropriate development where everything has been carefully and meticulously studied / applied. There are not so many similar acoustic design in the world. (RPG Europe Docet).
Harry Pearson listed Carnegie Hall NYC (pre 'upgrade'), the Concertgebouw Amsterdaman the Musikverein Wein, Vienna as the best 3 venues in the world, acoustically speaking. The disaster that was the Canegie Hall revamp, had him speculating in print that the art of acoustics, at least as it applied to these halls had been all but lost.

Reactions: Rocco I.
There are many beautiful meticulously-designed listening rooms. Since the OP asks what is the best dedicated listening room you've heard, beauty aside, I'm curious how some of you think a superior listening room benefits?

Is a superior-designed room an essential requirement for best sound?

Should a superior-designed room add most or least to the playback presentation?

Many espouse that "the room" is the most important component of any given playback system. Does that remain true today?

Maybe a better question is, if I lack a superior designed room (and I do) what am I missing that cannot be regained by other means?

In my experience, the room, along the correct soundproofing treatment and power grid, is the most important component of any hiend system.

Harry Pearson listed Carnegie Hall NYC (pre 'upgrade'), the Concertgebouw Amsterdaman the Musikverein Wein, Vienna as the best 3 venues in the world, acoustically speaking. The disaster that was the Canegie Hall revamp, had him speculating in print that the art of acoustics, at least as it applied to these halls had been all but lost.

Thanks for you comment. Agreed with the late Harry Pearson. I know well those concert halls perfectly because I've been there several times. For my experience I'd like to add in that group also the Philharmonie de Paris (France), Boston Symphony Hall, the Konzerthaus of Berlin (Germany) and the Teatro Colon of Buenos Aires. My room has been inspired to those outstanding acoustic venues.

Last edited:

Thanks for such detailed and informative answer. My first listening room was the best I have ever had - some friends still remember from time to time the sound I had with ELS63, active Meridians or B&W 802 in it. It was an old house from the late 1900's, with 3.5m ceilings and about 6m x 5.5 m, materials were mostly stone, wood and gypsum. The floor was 3cm thick natural wood on battens over a 1m high basement. It easily managed to disappear with anything we brought there - although I manage to make my room disappear it is much more critical and dependent on positioning and equipment, and also on recording quality.

Do you have the dimensions of the room before any treatment was carried? One critical aspect of RPG materials is that they take a significant physical space from room and are not compatible with small rooms. Diffusion needs panel depth and space.

Do you have the dimensions of the room before any treatment was carried? One critical aspect of RPG materials is that they take a significant physical space from room and are not compatible with small rooms. Diffusion needs panel depth and space.

As I said before the only think you can see from the photo posted is the acoustic treatment only. But behind it there is a specific soundproof designed/made by RPG Europe too. Similar designed project (all the walls are floating and totally indipendent) is not easy to find due to the specific acoustic customized design in all of aspects. The room in the original size was: 5.3x8 mt (h= 3.05 mt).

Last edited:
There are many beautiful meticulously-designed listening rooms. Since the OP asks what is the best dedicated listening room you've heard, beauty aside, I'm curious how some of you think a superior listening room benefits?

Is a superior-designed room an essential requirement for best sound?

Should a superior-designed room add most or least to the playback presentation?

Many espouse that "the room" is the most important component of any given playback system. Does that remain true today?

Maybe a better question is, if I lack a superior designed room (and I do) what am I missing that cannot be regained by other means?

I've been in untreated rooms that sound really good but this is mainly luck. Blame it on Stereo LOL

What good rooms, treated or not, have in common IME is symmetry in their "launchpads", the first 3rd of the room. Symmetry not just in shape but also in construction. This gives the best chance of the discrete channels matching and summing up properly in terms of arrival time and total sound power at the listening positiion. In situations where one is handcuffed architecturally, EQ can help and so can DSP. These however can bring their own problems as we all know. The biggest of which is getting yourself to stop friggin' messing with them like a tweaking meth head. Oh yes I went through that in my old place hahahaha No more! it was fun at first but got old pretty quickly. I decided to just stick to the fundamentals above.

The rest, barring serious reverb problems, is icing on the cake.

I mastered several of his albums in this room. The Sentinels were used and I would sit behind him making adjustments to his liking. I mastered a total of 23 titles for Winston. I really do miss him.... RIP.....
Curious Bruce, can you pick your top 5-10 FIM recordings that you did for Winston?

As I said before the only think you can see from the photo posted is the acoustic treatment only. But behind it there is a specific soundproof designed/made by RPG Europe too. Similar designed project (all the walls are floating and totally indipendent) is not easy to find due to the specific acoustic customized design in all of aspects. The room in the original size was: 5.3x8 mt (h= 3.05 mt).

I am missing something - how could acoustic treatment increase the 5.3m width? Did you rebuild the room? Interesting that RPG decided to shorten the length. Are you using the remaining of the room for bass trapping?

I am missing something - how could acoustic treatment increase the 5.3m width? Did you rebuild the room? Interesting that RPG decided to shorten the length. Are you using the remaining of the room for bass trapping?

House has been re~builded from zero...Listening room has been re~builded from zero and modeled in sharp in order to achieve an Absolute Best Acoustic Enviroment response in terms of measurements and a perfect RT60, costant in all frequency. The room has a triple chassis, one inside the inside the other one, each one perfectly isolated from the other...Hopefully now is enough clear..

Last edited:
Reactions: goodsource
Curious Bruce, can you pick your top 5-10 FIM recordings that you did for Winston?

In no particular order:....

What A Wonderful Trio! - Tsuyoshi Yamamoto

Sheffield Lab Drum and Track Disc - Sheffield Lab

Cantate Domino - Alf Linder / Marianne Mellnäs / Torsten Nilsson / Oscars Motettkör

Getz/Gilberto - Stan Getz / João Gilberto

We Get Requests - Oscar Peterson

At Steinway (Take Two) - Jun Fukamachi

Ella and Louis - Louis Armstrong / Ella Fitzgerald

These were some of the ones that I hold dear to my heart not because of the sound, but the time I spent with him doing these projects. The first one being that we traveled to Japan to record over 3 days..... and I'm sure Mike remembers the Fukamachi disc..... good times.

Reactions: thomask
In no particular order:....

What A Wonderful Trio! - Tsuyoshi Yamamoto

Sheffield Lab Drum and Track Disc - Sheffield Lab

Cantate Domino - Alf Linder / Marianne Mellnäs / Torsten Nilsson / Oscars Motettkör

Getz/Gilberto - Stan Getz / João Gilberto

We Get Requests - Oscar Peterson

At Steinway (Take Two) - Jun Fukamachi

Ella and Louis - Louis Armstrong / Ella Fitzgerald

These were some of the ones that I hold dear to my heart not because of the sound, but the time I spent with him doing these projects. The first one being that we traveled to Japan to record over 3 days..... and I'm sure Mike remembers the Fukamachi disc..... good times.
Thanks Bruce. I think FIM recordings are still amoung the best. If you had to pick based on sonics only, what would your top FIM releases be?
Was Winston ever involved with remasters that did not get FIM credit for? KOB, for instance had some remasters that were done during his time with us, but, perhaps suspiciously, without FIM credits.

The big room at GTT Audio in NJ, and the William Ralston room at The University of the South in TN. are both great and my top two.
Both are purpose built large listening rooms.
For Halls, Boston Symphony Hall and The Meyerson Hall in Dallas.

Last edited:
I've been in untreated rooms that sound really good but this is mainly luck. Blame it on Stereo LOL

What good rooms, treated or not, have in common IME is symmetry in their "launchpads", the first 3rd of the room. Symmetry not just in shape but also in construction. This gives the best chance of the discrete channels matching and summing up properly in terms of arrival time and total sound power at the listening positiion. In situations where one is handcuffed architecturally, EQ can help and so can DSP. These however can bring their own problems as we all know. The biggest of which is getting yourself to stop friggin' messing with them like a tweaking meth head. Oh yes I went through that in my old place hahahaha No more! it was fun at first but got old pretty quickly. I decided to just stick to the fundamentals above.

The rest, barring serious reverb problems, is icing on the cake.

Jack, I appreciate your saying you've heard untreated rooms sound very good. You then said you suspect it's because of luck but I'd venture it's the result of much work. As they say, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

The fact that you've heard very good sound from untreated rooms more than once is even better. But even if you've heard just one such room, shouldn't that imply a superior sound can be achieved without custom rooms and/or treatments? IOW, how many times must one fly to the moon to prove it can be done? :)

From my perspective, I can only think of two significant concerns directly related to the room. 1) Ensuring speakers have enough breathing room for a sufficiently expansive soundstage and 2) Optimal speaker placement for maximizing bass reproduction potentials. But I consider both especially optimal speaker placement as more universal concerns regardless of room superiority.

I think the room is a very important topic of discussion for several reasons:

1. Historically, some-to-many have claimed that the room is the most important component of any playback system. Considering what some may spend on the room, if a casual enthusiast believes the some-to-many that can really take the wind out of their sails and may even cause some to shy away from the industry all-together.

2. If the room is viewed as not-so-necessary for playback performance that allows the budget-minded types to focus limited budgets on perhaps more substantial performance gains at the playback system.

3. I asked earlier if a well-designed room or any room should influence the playback presentation most or least and I'm hoping the appropriate answer is least influence. If for no other reason that the more a playback system is able to extract the volumes of lowest-level detail (the ambient info) from a recording the more one's listening perspective is transported to somewhere / anywhere in the venue in which the live performance occurred. And in such cases I would think the last thing one would want is room influences reminding the listener they are still in their listening room. Or worse, a room's ambient info routinely competing with a recording's ambient info.

But I think the fact that some of us have heard excellent sounding playback systems in both well-designed and not-so-well designed rooms should be evidence enough that such rooms, as nice as they may be, are not an absolute requirement for excellent or better playback presentations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlos269
Jack, I appreciate your saying you've heard untreated rooms sound very good. You then said you suspect it's because of luck but I'd venture it's the result of much work. As they say, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

The fact that you've heard very good sound from untreated rooms more than once is even better. But even if you've heard just one such room, shouldn't that imply a superior sound can be achieved without custom rooms and/or treatments? IOW, how many times must one fly to the moon to prove it can be done? :)

From my perspective, I can only think of two significant concerns directly related to the room. 1) Ensuring speakers have enough breathing room for a sufficiently expansive soundstage and 2) Optimal speaker placement for maximizing bass reproduction potentials. But I consider both especially optimal speaker placement as more universal concerns regardless of room superiority.

I think the room is a very important topic of discussion for several reasons:

1. Historically, some-to-many have claimed that the room is the most important component of any playback system. Considering what some may spend on the room, if a casual enthusiast believes the some-to-many that can really take the wind out of their sails and may even cause some to shy away from the industry all-together.

2. If the room is viewed as not-so-necessary for playback performance that allows the budget-minded types to focus limited budgets on perhaps more substantial performance gains at the playback system.

3. I asked earlier if a well-designed room or any room should influence the playback presentation most or least and I'm hoping the appropriate answer is least influence. If for no other reason that the more a playback system is able to extract the volumes of lowest-level detail (the ambient info) from a recording the more one's listening perspective is transported to somewhere / anywhere in the venue in which the live performance occurred. And in such cases I would think the last thing one would want is room influences reminding the listener they are still in their listening room. Or worse, a room's ambient info routinely competing with a recording's ambient info.

But I think the fact that some of us have heard excellent sounding playback systems in both well-designed and not-so-well designed rooms should be evidence enough that such rooms, as nice as they may be, are not an absolute requirement for excellent or better playback presentations.

The luck part I was referring to is in the construction particularly the effects on SBIR. Think of it this way, we want our speakers to be as closely matched to each other as possible, each channel in the signal chain too. Analog people want the same for azimuth. So should it be for the environment the system is in. We might have the space the loudspeakers requires but what happens when say one sidewall is gypsum and the opposite wall is plaster on CHB or poured concrete? What if the front wall is not of symmetrical construction? We can still get good sound. A nudge here and there can help but it still isn't the ideal situation. What we find in the ground up builds are precisely this symmetry in both dimensions and construction technique and materials.

I'm not saying one can't get very satisfying results in an environment that is compromised. Skill and experience can overcome a lot of the gross problems. All things being equal however, give that same talented set up person a better and/or easier starting point and he's more than likely to get closer to the desired results without making the space look like a forrest or a commercial environment.

At this point in time I think there is no escaping our own rooms having an imprint. Like anything else we just need to decide on what compromises need to be made. A room can be done to behave as if it were actually larger than it is but we need room gain and reflections too lest we be made to feel very uncomfortable. The question for me then is what are the things I can listen past and what problems I personally can't tolerate. I can't tolerate splash and slap echo for example while I actually find a touch of overhang to be not so much of a deal breaker. There's a lengthy list of things I'd just rather not have to deal with like windows, lighting fiixtures and cabinetry that rattle. Things like that, intrusive things that may only pop up once in a while.

Last edited:
Greetings from Melbourne, Bruce B.

I have 25 FIM recordings and 4 from the list in your post. You humbly understate \ underplay the sonic quality of these post-productions. They are all meticulous and stellar examples of what CDs are capable of.

By the way, the JK drum improvisation on the Collectors Edition UDC CD is, for me, slightly superior to the first DXD CD. Since you re-mastered both of them, what are your thoughts on these. Thank you and be well.

Cheers, Kostas.

Greetings from Melbourne, Bruce B.

By the way, the JK drum improvisation on the Collectors Edition UDC CD is, for me, slightly superior to the first DXD CD. Since you re-mastered both of them, what are your thoughts on these. Thank you and be well.

Cheers, Kostas.

Thank-you kind sir....

The UDC collection was meticulously produced on the best media and burned, not stamped, to achieve the utmost sonics.

The luck part I was referring to is in the construction particularly the effects on SBIR. Think of it this way, we want our speakers to be as closely matched to each other as possible, each channel in the signal chain too. Analog people want the same for azimuth. So should it be for the environment the system is in. We might have the space the loudspeakers requires but what happens when say one sidewall is gypsum and the opposite wall is plaster on CHB or poured concrete? What if the front wall is not of symmetrical construction? We can still get good sound. A nudge here and there can help but it still isn't the ideal situation. What we find in the ground up builds are precisely this symmetry in both dimensions and construction technique and materials.

I'm not saying one can't get very satisfying results in an environment that is compromised. Skill and experience can overcome a lot of the gross problems. All things being equal however, give that same talented set up person a better and/or easier starting point and he's more than likely to get closer to the desired results without making the space look like a forrest or a commercial environment.

At this point in time I think there is no escaping our own rooms having an imprint. Like anything else we just need to decide on what compromises need to be made. A room can be done to behave as if it were actually larger than it is but we need room gain and reflections too lest we be made to feel very uncomfortable. The question for me then is what are the things I can listen past and what problems I personally can't tolerate. I can't tolerate splash and slap echo for example while I actually find a touch of overhang to be not so much of a deal breaker. There's a lengthy list of things I'd just rather not have to deal with like windows, lighting fiixtures and cabinetry that rattle. Things like that, intrusive things that may only pop up once in a while.

Thanks for clarifying, Jack, and yes, there exists a number of benefits to having a better launch pad as you say. So when you speak of untreated rooms you're really thinking quality of construction materials and build quality but still within the realm of custom-built rooms. When I hear somebody say untreated rooms I'm thinking lack of in-room acoustic treatments inside perhaps any type of room.

You bring up some good points so perhaps I should also clarify something. I was initially speaking of setting up a hopefully well-thought-out playback system in perhaps most any given but somewhat "reasonable" room for best sonics. By reasonable, I'm implying reasonable dimensions and space, symmetry, carpet/pad, minimal reflective furnishings, etc. Though I'm pretty confident in a pinch and with some time I could probably forego some of those reasonable essentials as well. IOW, I stand by my earlier claims that superior or even best sound can be achieved without a well-designed meticulously-constructed room or even without a reasonable room. Within reason of course. :)

I appreciate your saying that an experienced individual could overcome many of the gross problems. However, in your latest post you said at some point there's no escaping the room's imprint and in an earlier post you stated that a system is only as good as the room it's playing in .

From my perspective I would say, no room is any better than the system playing in it and if at some point a room's imprint remains evident, the playback system has fallen short of the mark. Simply because there exists way too much ambient info available in most any given recording such that the moment one presses play, they're transported to somewhere / anywhere within the recording hall or at the very least out of the listening room. IOW, the potential volumes of ambient info available in most any recording and kept audible at the speaker (due to a system's dramatically lowered noise floor) should sufficiently and completely overshadow perhaps every last imprint of a room. With perhaps the exception of soundstage expansion which to a good extent is limited to the physical listening room's dimensions and hence a speaker's ability to sufficiently breath and disperse sound in that physical space will be restricted.

So I suppose my position is, the influence of a given playback system's ultimate performance potential should far outweigh the influence of a given room's ultimate performance potential.

BTW and just slightly off topic, I'm kinda' surprised that few if any make any mention of their preferred listening volume levels when discussing a listening room's potential benefits or perhaps any performance-related topic as I would think this an oh-so-critical factor. For example, I generally listen in the 92db - 105db range depending on genre and cut or on average maybe 99db. At these volume levels, the potential exists to expose much of everything good and bad. But if I listened at say 65db as I know one reviewer prides himself nothing much is influencing much of anything so very little really matters at these elevator music volume levels.

Actually, anything less than live performance volume levels and influences and playback performance becomes restricted or limited. Nothing wrong with lower listening levels but I think knowing others' listening volume levels adds signficant context to whatever performance-related topic is at hand.

And just to be clear, without hesitation I'd give somebody else's left nut for some of these rooms. But if it were my own, I'd have to give it some thought.

Anyway, thanks again for clarifying.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying, Jack, and yes, there exists a number of benefits to having a better launch pad as you say. So when you speak of untreated rooms you're really thinking quality of construction materials and build quality but still within the realm of custom-built rooms. When I hear somebody say untreated rooms I'm thinking lack of in-room acoustic treatments inside perhaps any type of room.

You bring up some good points so perhaps I should also clarify something. I was initially speaking of setting up a hopefully well-thought-out playback system in perhaps most any given but somewhat "reasonable" room for best sonics. By reasonable, I'm implying reasonable dimensions and space, symmetry, carpet/pad, minimal reflective furnishings, etc. Though I'm pretty confident in a pinch and with some time I could probably forego some of those reasonable essentials as well. IOW, I stand by my earlier claims that superior or even best sound can be achieved without a well-designed meticulously-constructed room or even without a reasonable room. Within reason of course. :)

I appreciate your saying that an experienced individual could overcome many of the gross problems. However, in your latest post you said at some point there's no escaping the room's imprint and in an earlier post you stated that a system is only as good as the room it's playing in .

From my perspective I would say, no room is any better than the system playing in it and if at some point a room's imprint remains evident, the playback system has fallen short of the mark. Simply because there exists way too much ambient info available in most any given recording such that the moment one presses play, they're transported to somewhere / anywhere within the recording hall or at the very least out of the listening room. IOW, the potential volumes of ambient info available in most any recording and kept audible at the speaker (due to a system's dramatically lowered noise floor) should sufficiently and completely overshadow perhaps every last imprint of a room. With perhaps the exception of soundstage expansion which to a good extent is limited to the physical listening room's dimensions and hence a speaker's ability to sufficiently breath and disperse sound in that physical space will be restricted.

So I suppose my position is, the influence of a given playback system's ultimate performance potential should far outweigh the influence of a given room's ultimate performance potential.

BTW and just slightly off topic, I'm kinda' surprised that few if any make any mention of their preferred listening volume levels when discussing a listening room's potential benefits or perhaps any performance-related topic as I would think this an oh-so-critical factor. For example, I generally listen in the 92db - 105db range depending on genre and cut or on average maybe 99db. At these volume levels, the potential exists to expose much of everything good and bad. But if I listened at say 65db as I know one reviewer prides himself nothing much is influencing much of anything so very little really matters at these elevator music volume levels.

Actually, anything less than live performance volume levels and influences and playback performance becomes restricted or limited. Nothing wrong with lower listening levels but I think knowing others' listening volume levels adds signficant context to whatever performance-related topic is at hand.

And just to be clear, without hesitation I'd give somebody else's left nut for some of these rooms. But if it were my own, I'd have to give it some thought.

Anyway, thanks again for clarifying.

Yes, yes within reason :) Just because there are no treatments in sight does't mean a room has poor potential or is tragically flawed and no not necessarily custom built. High ceilings in itself solves a lot of problems as an example. Bookshelves, plants, furniture, decor are all items that can be utilized. It all just depends on the goal. Near field set ups require the least work and surely is the quickest ticket to what you refer to as being transported there.

Get to the midfield and the challenges escalate as possible solutions to destructive reflective interference and long reverberation trails in undesired bands begin to multiply. So many roads to choose :)

For those of us who have taken on the undertaking of ground up builds I think I can safely say all of us have lived with systems in whatever rooms our circumstances then allowed and we dealt with our spaces the best way we could under the said circumstances not all of which were sonic. There is the matter of being mindful of co-habitants which is HUGE as this dictates the limitations of furniture and equipment lay out. That's what I meant when I said blame it on stereo LOL I remember my Grandpa's mono console. Everybody happy. Make that multiple sources with tons of physical media and speakers that need to be pulled out into the room and oh no...... Dad went nuts and pushed everybody out of the common space.

I would argue that for those of us not living alone, the dedicated room is as much about carving out our own space to do with as we please as it is about sonic fulfillment. There are gentlemen here whose family's really don't mind the Daddy takeover like David or jdza. My guess is most of us have wives and kids that do. I know mine does even if the formal living room is the absolutely least used room in the house. Banishment to the basement for me LOL

I don't really believe in absolutes so I'm in no place to argue. A room is a room and there are good and bad examples of both regular AND treated rooms. Better equipment, if better is defined as a tool that gets one closer to a desired result, should and often does move us forward. From where I'm coming from however the electrical, mechanical and acoustical are inseparable. Potential is hampered by any and all of the three.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing