Best high end speakers @ $100K

Audiophile666

Jul 10, 2023
@pearljam5000 - Your call on not answering the questions about your preferences/goals. That said , if you have done any research on the speakers recommended thus far do any meet your objectives? If so in what respects? If not in what respects?
It's hard to decide because there are so many models and suggestion
Not to mention amps and DACs matching.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
It would seem like there would be some general reported "themes" about the sonic signatures of the different suggested speakers that you could match against your own criteria.

It's hard to get people to help you if you ask a question and then don't engage back with them

Reactions: Audiophile666

Audiophile666

Jul 10, 2023
It would seem like there would be some general reported "themes" about the sonic signatures of the different suggested speakers that you could match against your own criteria.

It's hard to get people to help you if you ask a question and then don't engage back with them
I never complained about lack of help :)
It takes me time to think about things

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Didn't say that you complained about help, but folks who have tried to help you asked for your objectives so maybe they could better help you and you have chosen not to respond. You started the thread 3 or so weeks ago. That is the basis of my prior point

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I would think at six figures one be entitled to thatt is reasonably devoid o?f sonic signature.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
If you want a speaker that does Rock, metal, EDM better than any other and can still play other stuff then the Vivid Spirits are an outstanding choice. I don't think there is any speaker that plays rock and EDM as well as that one.

Audiophile666

Jul 10, 2023
If you want a speaker that does Rock, metal, EDM better than any other and can still play other stuff then the Vivid Spirits are an outstanding choice. I don't think there is any speaker that plays rock and EDM as well as that one.
Is that what you're using ?

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I owned them for a few years. I now own the Avantgarde Trio G3. Substantially more than the Spirits.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
I would think at six figures one be entitled to thatt is reasonably devoid o?f sonic signature

Pick a more appropriate descriptor, they aren't all going to perform and sound the same

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I would look into Marten :)

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Rumpole

Aug 26, 2023
Colorado, USA
Since you say you have no direction except dynamic speakers, the speakers I would buy at $100K are the new YG Sonja 3.2. I just heard the new Hailey 3 at the factory and the new tech is impressive.
Does YG do shop tours or demos? I know they have dealers in south Denver and Ft Collins, but it would be fun to audition them at their factory. I'm also curious about the difference between the v2 and v3. They are out of my price range new, but used or demo units of the older v2 might be an option.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Does YG do shop tours or demos? I know they have dealers in south Denver and Ft Collins, but it would be fun to audition them at their factory. I'm also curious about the difference between the v2 and v3. They are out of my price range new, but used or demo units of the older v2 might be an option.

According to reports, you need tons of high quality amplifier power to drive YGs properly. Something to consider as well.

Reactions: ctydwn

Rumpole

Aug 26, 2023
Colorado, USA
According to reports, you need tons of high quality amplifier power to drive YGs properly. Something to consider as well.
Yes, I wondered about that too - I currently have the Boulder 866 with 200 wpc at 8 ohms, 400 wpc at 4 ohms, 700 wpc at 2 ohms. Not sure that the 866 would be enough for these speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing