Hong Kong Genesis Dragon Launch

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
These magnificent beauties certainly form the last leg of the supreme triumvirate for me; the others being the Davinci AAS Gabriel TT and the FMA 268+118s. Throw in the Burmester 069 cdp or the Zanden combo as well and I'm done for life.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
These magnificent beauties certainly form the last leg of the supreme triumvirate for me; the others being the Davinci AAS Gabriel TT and the FMA 268+118s. Throw in the Burmester 069 cdp or the Zanden combo as well and I'm done for life.

You'll have to add in the FM 223 phono stage as well. Even without the de-click and de-crackle, it's jaw-dropping.

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
You'll have to add in the FM 223 phono stage as well. Even without the de-click and de-crackle, it's jaw-dropping.

Yes, Gary. How can I forget the 223? It's certainly one of the best phono stages in the market if not the best.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

I am with you on that! Particularly Zanden!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
I am with you on that! Particularly Zanden!

Lloyd, I know you are a great fan of the Arrakis, the Gryphons and the Zandens. I don't have the chance to listen to the Arrakis yet and I'd love to hear your comments on the differences between them and the magnificent Genesis speakers when you have the opportunity to listen to them.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Lloyd, I know you are a great fan of the Arrakis, the Gryphons and the Zandens. I don't have the chance to listen to the Arrakis yet and I'd love to hear your comments on the differences between them and the magnificent Genesis speakers when you have the opportunity to listen to them.

Consider it done. I suspect the next opportunity will be when i am in Hong Kong...i will be able to hear Gary's Dragon's and Rockport Arrakis at Ernie Lau's...different rooms/systems, but at least something. If I am in Hong Kong...then i am also likely in Japan again...which means a trip to Zanden! Talk about triumverate!

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
Consider it done. I suspect the next opportunity will be when i am in Hong Kong...i will be able to hear Gary's Dragon's and Rockport Arrakis at Ernie Lau's...different rooms/systems, but at least something. If I am in Hong Kong...then i am also likely in Japan again...which means a trip to Zanden! Talk about triumverate!

Whoa! Lucky you! When will that trip be? Looking forward to your impressions of these great speakers.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Whoa! Lucky you! When will that trip be? Looking forward to your impressions of these great speakers.

Seeing as how my fiancee is from Japan...that seems more and more likely to happen on a periodic basis going forward. Possibly Christmas.

clab

Feb 12, 2012
traveling but based in Switzerland
stunning beauty congratulations !

it remembers me the past, I had a friend in Italy who bought the first Infinity RS1 in Europe, well he bought it actually in the States and imported it himself.
I have heard these amazing speakers many times ... I can imagine how these "Dragons" are sounding :)
For me it remains the only system I know with MBL Extreme capable to put a symphonic orchestra in your living room

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
stunning beauty congratulations !

it remembers me the past, I had a friend in Italy who bought the first Infinity RS1 in Europe, well he bought it actually in the States and imported it himself.
I have heard these amazing speakers many times ... I can imagine how these "Dragons" are sounding :)
For me it remains the only system I know with MBL Extreme capable to put a symphonic orchestra in your living room

Thanks, clab. You need a very large living room, but getting a symphonic orchestra in there is still possible. For me, it remains the only speaker which can deliver Holst's Saturn as performed.

Thf99

Member Sponsor
May 1, 2012
I haven't heard the G1.2s. I'd only heard the older G1.1s and for me, they are the best I'd ever heard by far. I haven't heard a lot of megabuck speakers but of those that I'd heard, there's no contest at all. The latest 1.2s must be even better.

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I haven't heard the G1.2s. I'd only heard the older G1.1s and for me, they are the best I'd ever heard by far. I haven't heard a lot of megabuck speakers but of those that I'd heard, there's no contest at all. The latest 1.2s must be even better.

Thank you!

If you can make it, please come to our little event next week:
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?8522-The-Air-Force-and-the-Dragon-Mon-19th-Nov-2012

I would love to meet you and other Asian WBF members in Hong Kong.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing