New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can’t believe this game. Lakers drop threes from everywhere but Reaves, Russell and Hachimura were stellar. Lakers take down the mighty Celtics in Boston

Final Lakers 114- 105
Incentive game for LA. Message is , keep the team.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I read Jordan sold his majority shares already. LeBron has a slim chance by telling the new majority owners he'll play for them for free and get some tiny shares. :D
LeBum will NEVER EVER do something for free.
There is ALWAYS an angle with him ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I thought the even better news is that the new look Bucks (who were doing really well until they fired their coach) are now 0-2 under Doc's command. And to make matters worse the Bucks lost in Portland with Lillard's first return to Portland

another reality check tonight for the Lakers as they visit Boston at the Gardens, I hope come trade deadline they suck it up and move on and finish out the season with their hosting team . FWIW IIRC LeBron is an unrestricted free agent next year and can demand to be traded (I hope he does)
Just saw the other night's Blazers win over the Bucks. Close game and the surprise of that night was Ayton showing up strongly. He is case of a big man who 'could have and would have'...Anfernee Simmons and Scoot Henderson are going to be big names soon.

As for the scenario of LeBron being traded, I have a hard time even imagining that. He got Magic Johnson (ex GM) so giddy during LeBron's free agency that IIRC he even came very early for the meeting. LeBron's got a lot of people 'sold' on him, Jeannie and real whole lot of Lakers fans too. And agree with DLS, what could the Lakers possible get for him in a trade. Another team's GM certainly wouldn't be that crazy to trade off some young assets and veterans for a de facto playing coach who screws up the team's chemistry generally but is there to pat himself and other teammates when he said they 'made history' winning a 7 game IN season tournament. He's a very good 'weaver', makes threads into a huge blanket. :D

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sorry to be so negative (I try very hard not to be) but I'm sick of watching NBA coverage that spends 40% of their air time on the Lakers.
... on the Lakers and LeBron. ESPN made LeBron a big big name with the exclusive coverage of 'The Decision'. A huge basketball coverage of a guy who won zero rings in 7 years in Cleveland and lost another year to Dirk and the Mavs after leaving Cleveland. How can the term GOAT be applied to such player ?:rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I never would have imagined. A thousand miles journey begins with the first step.

• Wow

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Wow

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well I’ve been pushing for this trade for 2 years. Maybe Jeanie heard my plea. The only thing LeBron has got going for himself in LA is his push to 40k Points. Short of that he wants to play with Bronnie

Simply put the Lakers play so much better without him on the floor

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
On the subject of playing with his son, what a nightmare it would be for the team and its coaches as them 2 would be starters. Hard to imagine him or his son coming off the bench or his son benched completely if his skill set is not up to par. He should really buy his own team.

Reactions: GSOphile

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Even ex Laker Westbrook is playing much better without him. :D
They all do Phil. Yesterdays game sans LeBron and AD was one of the most exciting Lakers games this season

Steve Williams

A week until trade deadline and the Knicks here on Saturday. I’d love to see Randle back in purple and gold. I’d like to see Brandon Ingram and the white mamba back. So many great Lakers traded to make way for the King and his court They won’t get much if they trade him but what they do get is an eager, fast and very talented young team

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Imo, this is the ramification of LeBron being traded - a self proclaimed king and GOAT being shipped out or kicked out of a team? This single act will drain his ego big time. His message via Rich Paul is this - I will bolt but you can't trade me. This is the problem of Pelinka. BTW, Paul also handles AD, that could be his leverage against Pelinka.

Steve Williams

I read this earlier If they had only dumped him when he was worth something. All the news is LeBron’s run for 40K. He sell tickets and merchandise and the fans love him.

out with old and in with the new :cool:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I read this earlier If they had only dumped him when he was worth something. All the news is LeBron’s run for 40K. He sell tickets and merchandise and the fans love him.

out with old and in with the new :cool:
As you accurately said before Steve, , it's always about 'me, me , me' with Lebron. Individual accolades, he wants to be known as greater than the game of basketball itself. He should have opened his own 1 on 1 league, but hmmm, no, he won't dare to play in a 1 on 1 tournament. He weaseled out already for 20 years on the all star slam dunk and 3 point contest, which was generally done for fun, but for him it's an individual and serious thing that can damage his 'legacy' if he lost in any of those competition, and he has no one to blame but himself. When the Lakers are not doing well, he pressures the GM to do trades, so blame others, not him. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing